Nemo not asking Samba credentials

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
dmthiago

Nemo not asking Samba credentials

Post by dmthiago »

Hello!

I'm having problems with Nemo and Samba. I can connect with Samba to shared folder using terminal, but when I try to do it with Nemo, it should ask me for credentials but it's not. Example:

smb://shared/folder

Could not display "smb://shared/folder"
Error: Failed to retrieve share list from server: Invalid argument
Please select another viewer and try again

If I put the username in the URL, it asks me for the domain and password and I can connect, but I can't save the URI with the username in favorites, obligating me to write it every time I need. Example:

smb://myuser@shared/folder

Password required for shared/folder
Domain: INPUT
Password: INPUT

In my old notebook I didn't need to put the username in the URI and Nemo always asked me for username, domain and password. How can I enable that behaviour again?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
JayBird707
Level 3
Level 3

Re: Nemo not asking Samba credentials

Post by JayBird707 »

Use File > Connect to Server....
Fill in details and select Remember Password
Once connected create a Bookmark
ASRock H470M-ITX/ac Home Build on Linux Mint Cinnamon!
Dell Studio 1737 Laptop, HP6300 SFF Desktop, Intel NUC NUC7CJYH Mini All on Linux Mint XFCE!
dmthiago

Post by dmthiago »

JayBird707 wrote: Fri Aug 24, 2018 8:39 am Use File > Connect to Server....
Fill in details and select Remember Password
Once connected create a Bookmark
Thanks for your response, JayBird707. I tried it, I succeeded in connect to the server, I put it on my bookmarks but when I tried to access by the bookmark, I got an error. I believe it keeps trying to connect with the wrong user. Any other idea?
JayBird707
Level 3
Level 3

Post by JayBird707 »

I'm confused by how it is trying to connect as the wrong user. When you used File > Connect To Server... did you fill in all the fields like Workgroup, User and Password?
Dell Studio 1737 Laptop, HP6300 SFF Desktop, Intel NUC NUC7CJYH Mini All on Linux Mint XFCE!
altair4
Level 20
Level 20

Post by altair4 »

dmthiago wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 9:38 am I can connect with Samba to shared folder using terminal
Please post the exact expression you used. It's not clear if you are using a gvfs/gio mount or a cifs mount but either way we need to see what you used to connect to the server.

And what operating system is on the server that has the share you are trying to access?
I believe it keeps trying to connect with the wrong user.
Run seahorse, find your saved password to the server ( Network password ), and delete it.
Please add a [SOLVED] at the end of your original subject header if your question has been answered and solved.
JayBird707
Level 3
Level 3

Post by JayBird707 »

The other thing I keep forgetting is have you tried Gigolo?

Return to “Software & Applications”