Linux Mint 19 version 2 - nemo issues

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
azgeek

Linux Mint 19 version 2 - nemo issues

Post by azgeek »

Hello,

I just moved from Linux Mint 17.3 to Linux Mint 19 version 2 ISO. I made a clean install.
I have configured nemo to display everything in "List View" mode. However, once I go to the sub-directories it automatically goes to "Icon View'. This issue did not exist in Mint 17.3. If this is a bug, please pass it on to the developers.

I appreciate your hep in advance.
Moe
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
kyphi
Level 9
Level 9

Re: Linux Mint 19 Cersion 2 - nemo issues

Post by kyphi »

I don't know that it is a bug although it can be a nuisance. You can specify how you wish to view each window you open in Nemo and you will have to specify that individually.

I use an enlarged icon view and use Compact Layout in View, Arrange Items. That has to be set for every sub-category. Some users might prefer to use Nemo's view options differently.

It seems like a sensible compromise.
Linux Mint 21.3 Cinnamon
azgeek

Re: Linux Mint 19 Version 2 - nemo issues

Post by azgeek »

Thanks for the reply! For some reason Nemo does not remember the "List View" settings as sub-directories get deeper. Just have to do more clicking LOL!
lamar
Level 3
Level 3

Re: Linux Mint 19 version 2 - nemo issues

Post by lamar »

go to nemo edit.....preferences.....views and you will find under default view the option for all nemo pages to give list view.
good luck..............lamar
lamar
azgeek

Re: Linux Mint 19 version 2 - nemo issues

Post by azgeek »

Thank you all for your help. It is all good now.

Return to “Software & Applications”