Post by lynx4linux » Fri Sep 21, 2018 12:43 pm

Specs:

Mint 19 Cinnamon version 3.8.8 64bit
Dell inspiron P20T laptop/touchscreen
Linux Kernel: 4.15.0-20-generic
Processor: Intel© Pentium© CPU N3700 @ 1.60GHz × 5
Memory: 3.8 GiB
Hard drive: 118.5 GB
Graphics card: Intel Corporation Atom/Celeron/Pentium Processor x5-E8000/J3xxx/N3xxx Integrated Graphics Controller
VPN service: ipvanish

I just started using linux mint and love the design. I am a bit of a noob so bare with me on this one. Also I searched the forums and online and could not find anything matching the problem I am having in 19.

The problem is my VPN service will not work in 19 cinnamon. Every time I try turn it on it crashes. The errors I get are [The VPN connection "**********" failed] or [The VPN connection "*********" failed because the VPN service stopped unexpectedly]. I used the guide for mint 18 located here https://support.ipvanish.com/hc/en-us/ ... inux-Mint-. The only item line i had to change was their restart service command line, which did not work. Any ideas what is wrong? I have run Xubuntu and Ubuntu vpn configs without issue. Thanks for your help :D

lynx4linux
Level 1
Level 1

Re: VPN service stopped unexpectedly in Mint 19 Cinnamon

Post by lynx4linux » Mon Sep 24, 2018 11:54 am

I tested the vpn in 18.3 and I opened 18.3 cinnamon and everything worked fine with the vpn. I ended up installing 18.3 cinnamon to resolve the problem. My guess is it is something in the 19 that needs to be fixed in an update.

Return to “Software & Applications”