Is GTKHash compatible with KDE? [SOLVED]

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
SuperSapien
Level 4
Level 4

Is GTKHash compatible with KDE? [SOLVED]

Post by SuperSapien »

I recently discovered GTKHash. And I was wondering if its compatible with KDE? :?:
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
AZgl1800
Level 20
Level 20
Location: Oklahoma where the wind comes Sweeping down the Plains

Re: Is GTKHash compatible with KDE?

Post by AZgl1800 »

don't see why not, just try it and see.

can't hurt anything.

I use it all the time.
LM21.3 Cinnamon ASUS FX705GM | Donate to Mint https://www.patreon.com/linux_mint
phd21
Level 20
Level 20

Post by phd21 »

Hi SuperSapien,

Yes, it is compatible and a nice application too. I have had it installed and working for years.

And in Linux Mint KDE 18.3 with Plasma 5 or newer you can check (compare) a file's checksum through the Dolphin file manager just right-click a file select properties checksums tab.

Hope this helps ...
Phd21: Mint 20 Cinnamon & KDE Neon 64-bit Awesome OS's, Dell Inspiron I5 7000 (7573, quad core i5-8250U ) 2 in 1 touch screen
Hoser Rob
Level 20
Level 20

Post by Hoser Rob »

SOmetimes large, complex GTK programs can have problems in KDE though it's a lot more common for the reverse to happen. Ie. I've never been able to run Okular properly in a non KDE DE. That'd be very frustrating for me if I didn;t have a KDE box because that and Chrome are the only Linux apps I know of for reading pdfs that aren't useless.

However, something like a hashing program is pretty trivial by software standards so there should be no problems in general.
For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong - H. L. Mencken
SuperSapien
Level 4
Level 4

Post by SuperSapien »

Thanks everyone I tried GTKHash and it works really well also thanks phd21 I wasn't aware that the latest version of KDE has checksums built into the Dolphin file manager.

@ Hoser Rob

I also use Uget & Eye Of GNU which I believe is GTK based.
Though I wonder if there would be any issues using GTK apps in XFCE?
phd21
Level 20
Level 20

Post by phd21 »

Hi SuperSapien,

You are welcome from all of us that replied...
Phd21: Mint 20 Cinnamon & KDE Neon 64-bit Awesome OS's, Dell Inspiron I5 7000 (7573, quad core i5-8250U ) 2 in 1 touch screen

Return to “Software & Applications”