Kdenlive & OpenShot scaling on 4K screen (Help!)

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
MintMoxy

Kdenlive & OpenShot scaling on 4K screen (Help!)

Post by MintMoxy »

I'm trying to run Kdenlive (18.08.1) and OpenShot (2.4.3) on Linux Mint 19, but the text and menus are incredibly small. My laptop is a 4k Dell XPS 13.

I have searched for any option that looks like it might adjust the scale but haven't been able to find anything.

Is there any way to make either of these applications scale better on a HiDPI screen in Cinnamon?

Any help would be much appreciated.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
MintMoxy

Re: Kdenlive & OpenShot scaling on 4K screen (Help!)

Post by MintMoxy »

If nobody has any experience on this, does anyone have an alternative application that might work better with HiDPI?
thx-1138
Level 8
Level 8

Post by thx-1138 »

...this appears to happen every other day under 19 and it's newer QT libs, hmmm.
Try this, read here as well...
MintMoxy

Post by MintMoxy »

thx-1138 wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:47 am ...this appears to happen every other day under 19 and it's newer QT libs, hmmm.
Try this, read here as well...
Thank you for the reply. I'm going to try the suggestions detailed in those links. I've also heard it suggested that KDE Plasma might be better at scaling Kdenlive than Cinnamon or Gnome distributions. I'll try all routes and report back, I guess.

Return to “Software & Applications”