Playbacks of gnome-sound-recorder sound weak and noisy

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
julianvb

Playbacks of gnome-sound-recorder sound weak and noisy

Post by julianvb »

2018-10-09

I've just made a voice recording with a simple mike using gnome-sound-recorder (3.18.2-1). I like the simplicity of the process but the voice playbacks sound very weak and contain lots of noisy. How can I improve my recording? I find audacity rather complicated to use. Any help will be much appreciated.

julianvb
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Hoser Rob
Level 20
Level 20

Re: Playbacks of gnome-sound-recorder sound noisy

Post by Hoser Rob »

This may sound a bit too simple but have you tried moving closer to the mic? They're actually pretty good a picking up noise you don't notice.
For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong - H. L. Mencken
julianvb

Re: Playbacks of gnome-sound-recorder sound noisy

Post by julianvb »

This may sound a bit too simple but have you tried moving closer to the mic? They're actually pretty good a picking up noise you don't notice.
Hoser Rob,
Thanks very much for your suggestion, which I tried out. The recording still sounds weak and noisy. Raising the MIC volume does not seem to help and neither does using a new microphone. When I issue the following command, I hear nothing but background noise in the recording. This problems happens to two LM18.3 systems.

Code: Select all

asound -d 10 /tmp/test-mic.wav 
Julianvb

Return to “Software & Applications”