Show zoom cursor when zooming

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
IDG

Show zoom cursor when zooming

Post by IDG »

I'm using Logitech Performance MX with Xbindkeys to enable zoom button. When i zoom there is no zoom cursor only the regular mouse cursor. How do you enable zoom cursor when zooming? I would like this to work in Firefox.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
smurphos
Level 18
Level 18

Re: Enable zoom cursor when zooming

Post by smurphos »

The zoom in (or out) cursor doesn't activate when using the normal keyboard shortcut to zoom (Ctrl) (which is what you are emulating with xbindkeys). I've had a bit of a hunt around but I'm not aware of a way to override the default behaviour.
For custom Nemo actions, useful scripts for the Cinnamon desktop, and Cinnamox themes visit my Github pages.
IDG

Re: Enable zoom cursor when zooming

Post by IDG »

smurphos wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 12:36 am The zoom in (or out) cursor doesn't activate when using the normal keyboard shortcut to zoom (Ctrl) (which is what you are emulating with xbindkeys). I've had a bit of a hunt around but I'm not aware of a way to override the default behaviour.
Ok. Too bad. Is there someone that have some info on how this might be possible?
smurphos
Level 18
Level 18

Re: Show zoom cursor when zooming

Post by smurphos »

I saw you other post asking about .css scripts - indeed the mouse cursor can be controlled by .css ..... but it is .css embedded in the webpage being browsed which changes the mouse cursor when hovering over relevant elements,

You can test this here - https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/doc ... ?v=example

Are you set on a mouse cursor change or would some other visual cue suffice?

E.g - Using zenity to pop up a little window to show that it is active - e.g

For custom Nemo actions, useful scripts for the Cinnamon desktop, and Cinnamox themes visit my Github pages.
IDG

Re: Show zoom cursor when zooming

Post by IDG »

smurphos wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 11:43 pm I saw you other post asking about .css scripts - indeed the mouse cursor can be controlled by .css ..... but it is .css embedded in the webpage being browsed which changes the mouse cursor when hovering over relevant elements,

You can test this here - https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/doc ... ?v=example

Are you set on a mouse cursor change or would some other visual cue suffice?

E.g - Using zenity to pop up a little window to show that it is active - e.g

I would like it this way in Firefox:

1. Press zoom button = A magnifying glass icon display (zoom mode)
2. Scroll to zoom in and zoom out = A zoom in and out magnifying glass icon display (+/- symbol in the magnifying glass)
3. Press zoom button again = exit "zoom mode"

I'm using this script with Xbindkeys.

Code: Select all

# show all windows: Scale
"xte 'keydown Control_L' 'keydown Alt_L' 'key Down' 'keyup Control_L' 'keyup Alt_L'"
  b:10 + release

# Zooming with Logitech Performance MX mouse
# thx to: http://www.ralf-oechsner.de/opensource/page/logitech_performance_mx
# Press 'zoom' button and scroll up/down to zoom in/out
# then press the 'zoom' button again to exit from the 'zoom' mode
"xte 'keydown Control_L' &"
   b:13
"xte 'keyup Control_L' &"
   Control + b:13

Return to “Software & Applications”