Theme Installer on LMDE

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
FinixFighter
Level 3
Level 3

Theme Installer on LMDE

Post by FinixFighter »

Hi! I wanted to ask you if it's possible to install themes on LMDE with Theme Installer. It works great in Mint 19 but I don't know how to install themes in LMDE from https://www.gnome-look.org/
Is it possible to have Theme Installer in LMDE? Or maybe is there an alternative?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
stallmansupport.org
smurphos
Level 18
Level 18

Re: Theme Installer on LMDE

Post by smurphos »

Manually downloaded themes in zip or other compressed file format normally just need to be unzipped to ~/.themes. If using the default Cinnamon desktop in LMDE3 they should then be available for selection in the Themes settings app.

Beware there is a lot of dross and outdated theme packages on gnome-look - many won't work on LMDE3 / Mint 19. You need themes that are built for GTK 3.22 for current Mint. For Mint 18.x you need GTK3.18.

The Themes settings app also includes a downloader for the themes hosted on Cinnamon-Spices - https://cinnamon-spices.linuxmint.com/themes

Addendum..

Icon themes go in ~/.icons

Also search the repos for 'theme' - you'll find a few nice ones hidden in there as-well installable via software manager / synaptic / apt.
For custom Nemo actions, useful scripts for the Cinnamon desktop, and Cinnamox themes visit my Github pages.
FinixFighter
Level 3
Level 3

Re: Theme Installer on LMDE

Post by FinixFighter »

Thank you so much! :D
stallmansupport.org

Return to “Software & Applications”