Teamviewer 11 problem

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
heiny

Teamviewer 11 problem

Post by heiny »

Hi all, first thank you for your work here! I've updated to linux mint 19 and run Teamviewer for my work. Teamviewer 13 run perfectly but i need to run the version 11 because my office use this version licensed. When I run The version 11 it stop at runnin Gui in console and do nothing else. I've copied the libfreetype.so.6.12.1" and "libfreetype.so.6" inside the folder "/opt/teamviewer/tv_bin/wine/lib" and when restart Teamviewer i can barely see a line in middle of my screen with thew Teamviewer tab in my panel bar but that's all.

Any help would be really appreciated, I need it to work from home.

Best regards,
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
griffinme

Re: Teamviewer 11 problem

Post by griffinme »

I have the same kind of issue with Teamviewer 11 on Mint19 Mate. I tracked down libpng12-0 and installed it. I was then able to install TV11 but when I start it the client never comes up but it shows as running in System Monitor.
heiny

Post by heiny »

yes same thing, it's look like a GUI problem....hope someone will find the solution soon!!
deepakdeshp
Level 20
Level 20

Post by deepakdeshp »

You can open a ticket with TV.
If I have helped you solve a problem, please add [SOLVED] to your first post title, it helps other users looking for help.
Regards,
Deepak

Mint 21.1 Cinnamon 64 bit with AMD A6 / 8GB
Mint 21.1 Cinnamon AMD Ryzen3500U/8gb
griffinme

Post by griffinme »

deepakdeshp wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 1:17 pm You can open a ticket with TV.
They are going to help with a version 11 issue when they are on version 13? You so silly ;-)
deepakdeshp
Level 20
Level 20

Post by deepakdeshp »

griffinme wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 1:55 pm
deepakdeshp wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 1:17 pm You can open a ticket with TV.
They are going to help with a version 11 issue when they are on version 13? You so silly ;-)
I am trying to help you. Really speaking have you found that v11 is out of support? If I were you, I would accept all help, silly or otherwise very gratefully
If I have helped you solve a problem, please add [SOLVED] to your first post title, it helps other users looking for help.
Regards,
Deepak

Mint 21.1 Cinnamon 64 bit with AMD A6 / 8GB
Mint 21.1 Cinnamon AMD Ryzen3500U/8gb
phd21
Level 20
Level 20

Post by phd21 »

HI heiny, & Anyone Else Interested in this.

Why can't your Teamviewer 13 access your Teamviewer 11 clients and or workplace?

FYI: I love TeamViewer (TV) for remote support, but I do not like that in Linux installed from Deb files, it installs the always running "teamviewerd" service daemon which would be fine if I used it all the time, but I do not. So, I prefer to use their Linux Archive file(s) instead which when extracted creates their own "teamviewer" folder and I can start and run Teamviewer executable program file from within that or create shortcut launchers to each version; I do not know if you can run both at the same time, I would not think so.

VIP: If you want to run more than one version, rename the folder for that version of TV like "teamviewer11", "teamviewer13", etc... before extracting any other TV versions. I would not recommend running the "tv-setup" when using the Linux archive files especially if you are running multiple versions.

I can easily get TeamViewer 13 to come up in my Linux Ubuntu 18.04 (& other Linux Mint versions), but I could not get TeamViewer 11 to come up from the archive file, perhaps if you purged TeamViewer 13 (if you installed it from deb file), then installed TV11 using their deb file, and ran TV 13 from the Linux Archive both versions would work, run separately of course ?

Link to download Teamviewer 11 Linux Archive file.
- just save the file, right-click it and extract it, maybe rename and move the new folder to your home folder
https://download.teamviewer.com/downloa ... 386.tar.xz

Previous versions of TeamViewer 11 - deb and archive file
https://www.teamviewer.com/en/download/ ... -versions/

Link to download Teamviewer 13 Linux Archive file.
- just save the file, right-click it and extract it, maybe rename and move the new folder to your home folder
https://download.teamviewer.com/downloa ... d64.tar.xz

Hope this helps ...
Phd21: Mint 20 Cinnamon & xKDE (Mint Xfce + Kubuntu KDE) & KDE Neon 64-bit (new based on Ubuntu 20.04) Awesome OS's, Dell Inspiron I5 7000 (7573) 2 in 1 touch screen, Dell OptiPlex 780 Core2Duo E8400 3GHz,4gb Ram, Intel 4 Graphics.

Return to “Software & Applications”