[solved] Evolution: lost config

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
sturdy2

[solved] Evolution: lost config

Post by sturdy2 »

I have spent two days importing from TBird to Evolution. I closed and relaunched Evolution and lost the configuration. Evolution now thinks it is being launched after install; config and imported data does not show in GUI. If possible, how do I reconnect to the config files. Used TBird for years but now pissed do to another loss of Calendar sync. TIA..

Edit: I solved this by 'strace evolution' which effectively launched Evolution using the remembered actions. I then did a backup before closing the app. Launch again and restore the backup...May be unorthodox but it worked. :D
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
deepakdeshp
Level 20
Level 20

Re: [solved] Evolution: lost config

Post by deepakdeshp »

Good to know that. Thanks for stating the solution.
If I have helped you solve a problem, please add [SOLVED] to your first post title, it helps other users looking for help.
Regards,
Deepak

Mint 21.1 Cinnamon 64 bit with AMD A6 / 8GB
Mint 21.1 Cinnamon AMD Ryzen3500U/8gb
AndyMH
Level 21
Level 21

Post by AndyMH »

Not sure if you are using IMAP or POP3, just about to migrate from LM18.3 to LM19 (much better version of evolution in 19, I find the version supported in 18.3 a bit buggy). I found the following quite helpful:

https://www.systutorials.com/240792/evo ... les-linux/
Thinkcentre M720Q - LM21.3 cinnamon, 4 x T430 - LM21.3 cinnamon, Homebrew desktop i5-8400+GTX1080 Cinnamon 19.0
sturdy2

Post by sturdy2 »

Sorry, just found this and thanks. Life is a bear and I went back to T'bird.

Return to “Software & Applications”