Email Client, Thunderbird, Claws, etc

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
overkill22
Level 4
Level 4

Email Client, Thunderbird, Claws, etc

Post by overkill22 »

For more than 10 year I didn't use an email client. Today I thought to give it a try again nad installed Thunderbird. It lookes overcrowded and confusing, uninstalled after half an hour (I couldn't even find a settings to change the date format from mm/dd/yy to the normal dd/mm/yy).

I don't want to install and uninstall dozens of email clients to try out, so I'd like to hear your opinion and suggestions on which I should use and why. I'm also looking something Privacy friendly (https://www.privacytools.io/#clients -- that's why I mentioned Claws).

I need to manage few gmail accounts, tutanota, custom domains, etc.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
kukamuumuka

Re: Email Client, Thunderbird, Claws, etc

Post by kukamuumuka »

overkill22 wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 3:01 am (I couldn't even find a settings to change the date format from mm/dd/yy to the normal dd/mm/yy).
Sounds strange. In my Thunderbird dd/mm/yy is the default setting, without making any changes.
AndyMH
Level 21
Level 21

Post by AndyMH »

If you want a nice clean interface that looks a bit like outlook, try mailspring.

https://getmailspring.com/

Don't use it myself because it doesn't have an integrated calendar. I use evolution.
Thinkcentre M720Q - LM21.3 cinnamon, 4 x T430 - LM21.3 cinnamon, Homebrew desktop i5-8400+GTX1080 Cinnamon 19.0
overkill22
Level 4
Level 4

Post by overkill22 »

administrollaattori wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 3:15 am
overkill22 wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 3:01 am (I couldn't even find a settings to change the date format from mm/dd/yy to the normal dd/mm/yy).
Sounds strange. In my Thunderbird dd/mm/yy is the default setting, without making any changes.
Maybe it's the locale, but I don't have US locale, I usually use UK for that reason. Anyway, there should be an option to set a custom date format, no?
overkill22
Level 4
Level 4

Post by overkill22 »

AndyMH wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 5:03 am If you want a nice clean interface that looks a bit like outlook, try mailspring.

https://getmailspring.com/

Don't use it myself because it doesn't have an integrated calendar. I use evolution.
looks nice! I'll take a look!
Gruppo Sportivo
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Gruppo Sportivo »

overkill22 wrote:I don't want to install and uninstall dozens of email clients to try out, so I'd like to hear your opinion and suggestions on which I should use and why.
Wavebox offers a range of possibilities, maybe it's worth trying.

Wavebox/Waveboxapp

Why Wavebox

Used the free version for several months with 2 Gmail accounts,switched to the paid version WaveboxPro because I could do so much more with the paid version,asked myself what is important enough to spend money on,in my case it's a reliable VPN provider and WaveboxPro

Return to “Software & Applications”