Mint 17.3 - Eve Online crashing at intervals

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Bob Unitt
Level 2
Level 2

Mint 17.3 - Eve Online crashing at intervals

Post by Bob Unitt »

I'm running Mint 17.3 (64-bit) with Cinnamon 2.8.8 on a 6-core AMD Phenom with a Nvidia GTX 560 video card (driver 384.130). I'm running Eve Online on WINE 3.0.3. At irregular but fairly frequent intervals both the Client and the Launcher freeze, and have to be killed and restarted. I've discussed this on the Eve forums, but the consensus seems to be that my setup should all work OK. Can anyone suggest anything I might change, investigate or replace in order to fix this ?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Bob Unitt
Level 2
Level 2

Re: Mint 17.3 - Eve Online crashing at intervals WORK_ROUND FOUND

Post by Bob Unitt »

I spotted that when the client hung so did the launcher, but any other clients kept running. I then tried terminating the launcher as soon as the clients were up and running, since which I've done long space journeys and over 20 hours game-play without crashing. Not a fix, but a workable solution until it's properly fixed.

Return to “Software & Applications”