Cannot update my system using Update Manager

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Hawkeye_52

Cannot update my system using Update Manager

Post by Hawkeye_52 »

I am unable to update my system using Update Manager. When I try, the process keeps sticking on the item at the top of the following picture:
Update_Problem-10_22_2018.png
I have tried changing both the Main (Sylvia) and Base (Xenial) mirrors more than once without any change in the problem. I am definitely not a power user, so if my problems are not solved through fairly simple (i.e. menu) efforts, I am stumpted. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Hawkeye52
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
karlchen
Level 23
Level 23

Re: Cannot update my system using Update Manager

Post by karlchen »

Hello, Hawkeye_52.

Please, close all applications like Software Manager, Update Manager, Synaptic, in case any of them is open.
Then, please, open a terminal window.
Execute the commandline

Code: Select all

inxi -Sr
exactly as it has been typed here. Mark the complete text output which inxi will display and paste it into your next reply.
Next execute the commandline

Code: Select all

sudo apt-get update
Mark the complete text output which apt-get will display and paste it into your next reply.

Perhaps this will give a hint what might be the root cause.

Best rgerads,
Karl
The people of Alderaan have been bravely fighting back the clone warriors sent out by the unscrupulous Sith Lord Palpatine for 792 days now.
Lifeline

Return to “Software & Applications”