Need Help With Compiling Wine From Source

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
OldSchoolTech

Need Help With Compiling Wine From Source

Post by OldSchoolTech »

Hi there. I'm sorry if this has been discussed already, but the newest version of Wine d3d9 staging (3.18) has sprite issues in Rayman Origins, but I'm pretty sure it was working fine on 3.15 d3d9 staging.

I can't download the older version anywhere, so I took the 3.15 source code, the staging patch, the staging helper patch and then the d3d9 patch. In order I applied staging first by running (wine-3.15 is the source folder and I ran this from the staging folder. I'm also not sure if sudo is needed but I just done it in case)

Code: Select all

sudo ./patchinstall.sh DESTDIR=$HOME/Downloads/wine-3.15 --all
Then I used

sudo patch -p1 < $HOME/Downloads/wine-d3d9-patches-wine-d3d9-3.15/staging-helper.patch
Then

sudo patch -p1 < $HOME/Downloads/wine-d3d9-patches-wine-d3d9-3.15/wine-d3d9.patch
After that I cd to cd into $HOME/Downloads/wine-3.15 and I ran autoconf. Next I went to a folder I created named wine64 and used cd to the directory then ran

sudo $HOME/Downloads/wine-3.15/configure --enable-win64
I then ran make and after it was done I used cd into a directory named wine32 where I used

PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/usr/lib32 /$HOME/Downloads/wine-3.15/configure --with-wine64=/$HOME/Downloads/wine-3.15/wine64
Then I ran make from there to compile the 32 bit version. After all of this, the game fails to start with a DirectX initialisation error and if I try use winecfg, these boxes are greyed out.

Sorry if this post is way too long, but if someone doesn't mind, did I do anything wrong here that could possibly have resulted in those boxes being greyed out?

Thanks in advance.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
gm10

Re: Need Help With Compiling Wine From Source

Post by gm10 »

steocullen91 wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 3:03 pm I can't download the older version anywhere, so I took the 3.15 source code
You can install 3.15 from the WineHQ repository: https://wiki.winehq.org/Ubuntu
OldSchoolTech

Post by OldSchoolTech »

Would that include the gallium 9 d3d9 patch? I heard you can only apply the patch to the source before compiling and I can only find 3.18 patched in a PPA.
gm10

Post by gm10 »

steocullen91 wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 3:50 pm Would that include the gallium 9 d3d9 patch? I heard you can only apply the patch to the source before compiling and I can only find 3.18 patched in a PPA.
No idea, I thought you were talking about official versions. Those are all in that repo. That's all I know.
OldSchoolTech

Post by OldSchoolTech »

It's basically wine staging but with the ability to enable gallium nine. I assume whatever is happening, the gallium 9 patch must not be getting applied properly. I'll have to try double check and recompile since I don't think an older version that the current one exists online that has the patch pre-applied. It's weird but the latest one seems to have sprite glitches for me but without gallium 9 a lot of those sprites are just missing completely.

Return to “Software & Applications”