TimeShift problems during upgrade to Linux Mint 19

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Me65
Level 1
Level 1

TimeShift problems during upgrade to Linux Mint 19

Post by Me65 »

I am trying to update my device running Linux Mint 18.3 to the latest version using the official guide at https://community.linuxmint.com/tutorial/view/2416.

I switched the display manager some weeks ago and wanted to create a snapshot using TimeShift. I launched it and selected the rsync option. In the next step it was estimating the system size which I aborted after several hours due to the lack of time. At least I was able to enter the main window now, but trying to create a new snapshot brings up the estimation dialog again. The rsync process which has been opened is now running for over five hours without any real progress (the progress bar is filled, but the spinner is still rotating). My device has a HDD with about 300 GB and 130 GB being free at the moment.

During a quick test, it seemed like mintupgrade download did not complain about problems with a snapshot and ran without errors, but I still have not applied the upgrades as I hoped the snapshots would work at some time.

When aborting the estimation, I get logged out of my system.

Is there a way to fix this problem? Or is it intended to take this long?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.

Return to “Software & Applications”