Forum rules
Before you post please read how to get help
slinger1953
Level 2
Level 2

Package "Error" when installing Solved

Post by slinger1953 » Mon Nov 12, 2018 3:22 am

Every time I use the Package Manager I get a list of "Errors"
This is the latest when installing madlib?
I am only showing about a third of the Error list... can anyone advise me about this please, what am I doing wrong?

Thank you.

Code: Select all

W: Target Packages (main/binary-amd64/Packages) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list.d/additional-repositories.list:1 and /etc/apt/sources.list.d/additional-repositories.list:3
W: Target Packages (main/binary-i386/Packages) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list.d/additional-repositories.list:1 and /etc/apt/sources.list.d/additional-repositories.list:3
W: Target Packages (main/binary-all/Packages) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list.d/additional-repositories.list:1 and /etc/apt/sources.list.d/additional-repositories.list:3
W: Target Translations (main/i18n/Translation-en_GB) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list.d/additional-repositories.list:1 and /etc/apt/sources.list.d/additional-repositories.list:3
W: Target Translations (main/i18n/Translation-en) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list.d/additional-repositories.list:1 and /etc/apt/sources.list.d/additional-repositories.list:3
W: Target DEP-11 (main/dep11/Components-amd64.yml) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list.d/additional-repositories.list:1 and /etc/apt/sources.list.d/additional-repositories.list:3
W: Target DEP-11 (main/dep11/Components-all.yml) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list.d/additional-repositories.list:1 and /etc/apt/sources.list.d/additional-repositories.list:3
W: Target CNF (main/cnf/Commands-amd64) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list.d/additional-repositories.list:1 and /etc/apt/sources.list.d/additional-repositories.list:3
W: Target CNF (main/cnf/Commands-all) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list.d/additional-repositories.list:1 and /etc/apt/sources.list.d/additional-repositories.list:3
W: Target Packages (main/binary-amd64/Packages) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list.d/additional-repositories.list:1 and /etc/apt/sources.list.d/additional-repositories.list:4
W: Target Packages (main/binary-i386/Packages) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list.d/additional-repositories.list:1 and /etc/apt/sources.list.d/additional-repositories.list:4
W: Target Packages (main/binary-all/Packages) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list.d/additional-repositories.list:1 and /etc/apt/sources.list.d/additional-repositories.list:4
W: Target Translations (main/i18n/Translation-en_GB) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list.d/additional-repositories.list:1 and /etc/apt/sources.list.d/additional-repositories.list:4
W: Target Translations (main/i18n/Translation-en) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list.d/additional-repositories.list:1 and /etc/apt/sources.list.d/additional-repositories.list:4
Last edited by slinger1953 on Mon Nov 12, 2018 6:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gm10
Level 13
Level 13

Re: Pakage "Error" when installing

Post by gm10 » Mon Nov 12, 2018 3:27 am

You added the same repositories multiple times. Either remove the duplicates manually in Software Sources or run this script of mine in a terminal window to handle it:

Code: Select all

find /etc/apt -name *.list -print|sed 's/.*/F=&;cat <(sort -u $F)|sudo tee $F/'|source /dev/stdin

slinger1953
Level 2
Level 2

Re: Package "Error" when installing

Post by slinger1953 » Mon Nov 12, 2018 4:32 am

gm10, Thank you
do I just cut and past your script into Terminal and it clears the multiple entries without me having to add anything to it?
Thanks again.

gm10
Level 13
Level 13

Post by gm10 » Mon Nov 12, 2018 4:45 am

Yep, just like that, we are full service over here. :lol:

slinger1953
Level 2
Level 2

Post by slinger1953 » Mon Nov 12, 2018 6:57 pm