Download files

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
cato40
Level 4
Level 4

Download files

Post by cato40 »

Hi :
I would like to create a sub-folder within my Downloads folder to put my Printer (Brother) files,so that ,if I have to re-install my printer I would just have to access them in one place. Mr. Google ,has not helped ,because the Assume that I am using Win. ,even though I specify Linux.
I tried to right-click to see if I could create said folder ,but no luck.
Thans,
cato40 :(
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
gm10

Re: Download files

Post by gm10 »

In the file save dialog there should be a button to the right of the path which will create a new folder. If you cannot find it just open your File Manager and create it before downloading.
cato40
Level 4
Level 4

Post by cato40 »

thanks,shall try
Hoser Rob
Level 20
Level 20

Post by Hoser Rob »

cato40 wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 1:55 am .... Mr. Google ,has not helped ,because the Assume that I am using Win. ,even though I specify Linux....
Put a plus sign in front of the word 'linux' to force hits with that word, or use a better search engine. I almost always use Startpage HTTPS and get much better results.
For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong - H. L. Mencken
cato40
Level 4
Level 4

Post by cato40 »

thanks ,good idea
phd21
Level 20
Level 20

Post by phd21 »

Hi cato40,

I just read your post and the good replies to it. Here are my thoughts on this as well.

It would help to know more about your system setup. If you run "inxi -Fxzd" from the console terminal prompt, highlight the results, copy and paste them back here, that should provide enough information.

Normally, you can use your file manager browse into your Downloads folder, then right-click in the "whitespace" and select create new folder, or click "File" -> Create New Folder, type in the folder name.

You can also create a new folder (usually) from within your browser during a download after selecting "save", the save file dialog box should appear allowing you to choose a folder to save file(s) and on that pop-up window should be an icon to create a new folder usually in the upper right, click that enter a new folder name, hit enter, click save.

Hope this helps ...
SaveFileDialog1.jpg
Phd21: Mint 20 Cinnamon & KDE Neon 64-bit Awesome OS's, Dell Inspiron I5 7000 (7573, quad core i5-8250U ) 2 in 1 touch screen

Return to “Software & Applications”