Nemo does not work with USB drives, crashing with no error

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
richlion2
Level 2
Level 2

Nemo does not work with USB drives, crashing with no error

Post by richlion2 »

Hello,

with the announcement of LM 19.1 I hope this bug that existed for ages could get fixed. Connect to USB drives (2.0), copy files from one disk to another 5-10 times, at some point NEMO hangs and crashes. I have to use KDE's Dolphin, never crashes.

Nemo shows no error, no files generated in $HOME. I tried to launch it from the console, no errors, nothing. After copying 5-10 files (copy/Paste/Move) I have to restart the operation. Basically - not stable.

And I am always up to date with the system and it doesn't matter which PC or laptop I use. I have 4 PC's and 4 laptops of various vendors.

Richard
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
AZgl1800
Level 20
Level 20
Location: Oklahoma where the wind comes Sweeping down the Plains

Re: Nemo does not work with USB drives, crashing with no error

Post by AZgl1800 »

I have never had that problem with NEMO in 18.3 Cinnamon

and I have copied whole folders full of stuff.
LM21.3 Cinnamon ASUS FX705GM | Donate to Mint https://www.patreon.com/linux_mint
donblanco
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Nemo does not work with USB drives, crashing with no error

Post by donblanco »

Ran into this issue yesterday. I was dragging/dropping folders *inside* a secondary drive (not USB) and about every fifth drag/drop Nemo just quit. It was quite frustrating!

This is with Linux Mint 19.1 Cinnamon

Return to “Software & Applications”