came to the point where it would be interesting see who made which experience with which writing method
System: LM 17.3 KDE and LM 19 Cinnamon with KDE installation on top
Double byte language in use: only Japanese
Keyboard used: Japanese keyboard with 全角/半角 (Zenkaku/Hankaku) key. (If this is not available another key combination can be used. IBUS proposes such a key combination.)
- Set up is easy
- Icons for Latin or double byte characters good be seen
- Conversion into Japanese character basically good I only found in LM 17.3 a few words which could be better. LM 19.0 not yet really used.
fctix which comes in LM 19 Cinnamon
- I could not get ir running
- It appears that it combines with mozc
- Could not get it running
- Icons for Latin or double byte character too small
In my LM 19 installation I purged fctix and mozc at the end.