Thunderbird Profile Missing or Inaccessible

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
jsimmonstx

Thunderbird Profile Missing or Inaccessible

Post by jsimmonstx »

I'm in the process of migrating from Windows 7 to Linux Mint 19. I was using Thunderbird on Windows, and my profile is located on a secondary drive. I started Thunderbird on Mint, and then shut it down, and went to modified the profiles.ini file to point at the existing profile folder. I also set IsRelative to 0, and I tried all of the following paths to get it to work (all of these paths are for he same location - a NTFS drive):

Drive_F/Thunderbird Profiles/profilefolder.default
/dev/sdb3/Thunderbird Profiles/profilefolder.default
/mnt/6EDA317FDA31449D/Thunderbird Profiles/profilefolder.default

Every time I start Thunderbird (regardless of which path I use), I get the following error message:

"Your Thunderbird profile cannot be loaded. It may be missing or inaccessible."

To make sure it wasn't a permissions problem, I created and edited a new text file in the profiles folder I'm trying to use.

I'm pretty new to Linux, and I'm out of ideas. Google was not forthcoming with a solution.

Can anyone provide guidance that does not include a phrase like, "Don't use Thunderbird"? I have to use Thunderbird until I can be sure the rest of my Linux experience is not too traumatizing.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
kukamuumuka

Re: Thunderbird Profile Missing or Inaccessible

Post by kukamuumuka »

https://fosswire.com/post/2008/03/migra ... -to-linux/
Replace the xxxxxxxx with the real name of your profile folder that you pasted. Save the file and quit, and now launch Thunderbird. Your email should load up as if nothing has happened and all your archives should be up and rolling.
http://kb.mozillazine.org/Moving_your_profile_folder
jsimmonstx

Re: Thunderbird Profile Missing or Inaccessible

Post by jsimmonstx »

C'mon dude. I'm not stupid. In my original message, I did not include the actual name of the default folder (because it's kinda pointless in the grand scheme of things to try to fix this problem), but rest assured that I am in fact using the actual folder name in my attempts to get this to work.

Return to “Software & Applications”