Sideways scrolling (solved)

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
mrmajik45

Sideways scrolling (solved)

Post by mrmajik45 »

I browse through Github alot. On windows I could've easily scrolled sideways by having 2 fingers on the touchpad and moving left and right but it seems linux doesn't allow that? Pls help.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
redlined

Re: Sideways scrolling

Post by redlined »

mrmajik45 wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 11:53 am I browse through Github alot. On windows I could've easily scrolled sideways by having 2 fingers on the touchpad and moving left and right but it seems linux doesn't allow that? Pls help.
hi mrmajik45!

I think what you want to do can be found in menu> preferences> Mouse and Touchpad> Touchpad tab> Scrolling> Scrolling method (drop menu) and select "Two-finger scrolling" then for horizontal function click to set the "Horizontal scrolling" button to On and see if that returns the function you desire. There are also other touchpad drivers I've read about in the recent past and can search for some of those if the above doesn't do what you want.

Hope this helps!
mrmajik45

Post by mrmajik45 »

It's good enough for me!
redlined

Post by redlined »

mrmajik45 wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 12:33 pm It's good enough for me!
excellent!
and thanks for marking initial post title as Solved :mrgreen:
(I just need to figure out how to cash in on all these bounties I'm earning :lol:

Return to “Software & Applications”