[SOLVED] How to Open My Google Account without a Smart Cell Phone

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
julianvb

[SOLVED] How to Open My Google Account without a Smart Cell Phone

Post by julianvb »

2018-12-09
How can I access my Google Account without a smart cellphone? I own only a land-line phone and Tracfone, and a Lenovo Android tablet.
Thanks very much.
Julianvb
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
phd21
Level 20
Level 20

Re: How to Open My Google Account without a Smart Cell Phone

Post by phd21 »

HI julianvb,

Don't you have an Internet Service Provider for Internet access? How are you accessing this forum right now?

You can use any Internet browser to access your Google Account(s) if you have Internet access, just go to your Google webpages.

If you are referring to your other posts on accessing your Google Drive accounts, you have very good instructions on doing that in those previous posts and replies... You can also access your Google Drive accounts using a browser.

Hope this helps ...
Phd21: Mint 20 Cinnamon & KDE Neon 64-bit Awesome OS's, Dell Inspiron I5 7000 (7573, quad core i5-8250U ) 2 in 1 touch screen
julianvb

Post by julianvb »

Hi. phd21,

Thanks for your quick help. I use Firefox to browse all websites via Verizon. But now Google requires me to use a smart cellphone
such as an Android phone or iPhone to access my Google account. That's why I posted my new message. Thanks again.

Julianvb
DAMIEN1307

Post by DAMIEN1307 »

google DOES NOT REQUIRE anyone to have to use a phone to access their account...use any browser you wish including firefox and just click on the link listed below and it will bring you right to their sign in to your account page. you can then access your account...you can also "bookmark" that page into your browser of choice to just click and access it as well with just one click...it tells you to type in either your email OR phone...just use your email address that you use already for your google acct...DAMIEN

https://accounts.google.com/signin/v2/i ... rviceLogin
phd21
Level 20
Level 20

Post by phd21 »

Hi julianvb,

As DAMIEN1307 just stated, Google does not require anyone to have a smartphone or cellphone to access their accounts. You may have to login again sometimes using your normal gmail account username (email address) and password.

Hope this helps ...
Last edited by phd21 on Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Phd21: Mint 20 Cinnamon & KDE Neon 64-bit Awesome OS's, Dell Inspiron I5 7000 (7573, quad core i5-8250U ) 2 in 1 touch screen
MrEen
Level 23
Level 23

Post by MrEen »

Is it possible julianvb turned on 2-Step verification? Or is trying to?
phd21
Level 20
Level 20

Post by phd21 »

Hi MrEen & julianvb,

Very good point.

julianvb if you turned on 2-step verification, turn it off.

Sign-in & security
https://myaccount.google.com/security?r ... VWTKfXU4A#
AZgl1800
Level 20
Level 20
Location: Oklahoma where the wind comes Sweeping down the Plains

Post by AZgl1800 »

I have 2 step verification turned on,

and when I use a different device, it gives me 3 options on how to verify.
1) SMS cellphone
2) yahoo email
3) gmail

it does not require a ph# registered to work.
LM21.3 Cinnamon ASUS FX705GM | Donate to Mint https://www.patreon.com/linux_mint
julianvb

Post by julianvb »

Hi, Everyone,

Thank you all so much for your great help. Yes, I did somehow select the 2-step security login option and got confused at the beginning. However, before I revisited this site, I finally succeeded in logging in by answering the two required steps on my Lenovo Android tablet.

New question: 'How can I access my Google Account from someone else's computer, or how can someone else use my computer to access his Google Account?'

Julianvb
AZgl1800
Level 20
Level 20
Location: Oklahoma where the wind comes Sweeping down the Plains

Post by AZgl1800 »

julianvb wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 3:02 am
New question: 'How can I access my Google Account from someone else's computer, or how can someone else use my computer to access his Google Account?'

Julianvb
I just answered that in my post..... make darn sure you have 2 email accounts registered for "lost password" recovery. it will then offer either of those accounts as a method of verifying that you are the one trying to access your account from a friend's PC.

1) open you backup email first.
2) in a New Tab, log into gmail
3) select the backup email account to use
4) change Tabs and get the Registration Code from the backup email account
5) enter that code on the gmail account and then make a decision.
a) is this one time?
b) or is this permanent and make it so you can log into gmail anytime with the friend's PC....
............. ( this is dangerous if you don't trust them with your life )
LM21.3 Cinnamon ASUS FX705GM | Donate to Mint https://www.patreon.com/linux_mint
julianvb

Post by julianvb »

Hi, Everyone,

Thank you all so much for your great and generous advice. I now feel quite at home with the two-step security login. Since my friend is having trouble with his Google account's password, I'll need to wait for further input from him before I can continue this matter under consideration.

Julianvb

Return to “Software & Applications”