updates for Ardour +Calf -plugins ?

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Pasila

updates for Ardour +Calf -plugins ?

Post by Pasila »

I've been trying to compile up to date versions for Ardour and Calf -plugins. Ardour now seems to be mainly installed with good support from several forums, but with my lack of knowledge, Calf- plugins building doesn't go all the way (make -j2 prints some errors, depencencies should be installed and so on, but still..)

Main issue at the moment is also, that current older versions from Mint's depository works fine (Ardour 1.4.6 +Calf 0.0.60), but in my built Ardour 5.12, none of plugin GUI's are not appearing on my setup. Not sure what's causing this...

So as result of my fails and wobbly compiling, I'm just sending humble wish to developers to update those two programs to software manager, if possible and if that could solve my issue also.. Current Ubuntu studio seems to be up to date concerning those versions, having also some current bugs with it, but anyway; I've been using Mint for a while and I'm not so eager to change my distro at the moment..
By the way, also JACK needed some updating, referring to "libjack-jackd2-dev" (don't remember the whole path I made to get it going...), midisetups + other, but I got it running...
Possibly developers know the state of things already and better, but just bringing this up if this is not usual software for Mint users..
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.

Return to “Software & Applications”