Nautilus: How to change the display order of the file/folder properties in the list view?

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
InChrist
Level 4
Level 4

Nautilus: How to change the display order of the file/folder properties in the list view?

Post by InChrist »

Hi :-)

I would like to have the change date before the place.
How to change the display order of the file/folder properties in the list view?

Kernel: 4.15.0-43-generic x86_64 (64 bit gcc: 5.4.0)
Desktop: Cinnamon 3.6.7 (Gtk 3.18.9-1ubuntu3.3) dm: lightdm
Distro: Linux Mint 18.3 Sylvia

Blessings with www.good-leading, Klaus
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Visit my profile link for NOW AND ETERNITY.
Kernel: 5.4.0-42-generic x86_64 bits: 64 compiler: gcc v: 9.3.0
Desktop: Cinnamon 4.6.6 wm: muffin dm: LightDM
Distro: Linux Mint 20 Ulyana base: Ubuntu 20.04 focal
inxi -Szxx from 2020 03 25
Raycoupe
Level 4
Level 4

Re: How to change the display order of the file/folder properties in the list view?

Post by Raycoupe »

In LInux Mint 19.1 Tessa, you can simply drag an drop the column in the order you want.
Don't know if this is a new function, rookie here. :D
Hardware, operating systems, software and networking are are nothing else than necessary, cumbersome and easily replaceable evils to store and provide data. Triple backup your data at least, twice on-site, and another copy off-site.
jaymot

Re: How to change the display order of the file/folder properties in the list view?

Post by jaymot »

Raycoupe wrote: Mon Dec 24, 2018 7:40 am In LInux Mint 19.1 Tessa, you can simply drag an drop the column in the order you want.
Don't know if this is a new function, rookie here. :D
Thanks, but that doesn't work for me. All of the Nemo file manager's menu items when I right-click on a file or directory are static and can't be reordered by dragging and dropping. I know there's an XML file or something somewhere that creates that menu, but I can't find it. If I could, I could just edit that file (after backing up the original one) and that would probably do what I want.
MrGrimm

Post by MrGrimm »

just switched a folder to list view and tested the drag and drop and as i thought it works just fine. click and hold down the left mouse button on the category you want to move, while holding down the mouse button slide the category where you want it placed.
jaymot

Post by jaymot »

It's the right mouse button's services, actions, or whatever it's called menu that I want to alter. When you right-click on a file and you can open it with the default app, open with a chosen app, delete it, copy it, cut it, send it to the trash bin, rename it, view and edit its properties, etc.
MrGrimm

Post by MrGrimm »

then you really should edit you first post to be more specific and correct you thread title.
InChrist
Level 4
Level 4

Re: Nautilus: How to change the display order of the file/folder properties in the list view?

Post by InChrist »

I apologize not mentioning in my question and title that I ask for Nautilus. I adapted the title now. I did not find a secure delete file/folder option for Nemo which works inside Nemo but for Nautilus (context menu) with Nautilus wipe from the repository.

Happy if you reconsider my question from the beginning.
Last edited by InChrist on Tue Dec 25, 2018 4:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Visit my profile link for NOW AND ETERNITY.
Kernel: 5.4.0-42-generic x86_64 bits: 64 compiler: gcc v: 9.3.0
Desktop: Cinnamon 4.6.6 wm: muffin dm: LightDM
Distro: Linux Mint 20 Ulyana base: Ubuntu 20.04 focal
inxi -Szxx from 2020 03 25
MrGrimm

Re: Nautilus: How to change the display order of the file/folder properties in the list view?

Post by MrGrimm »

InChrist wrote: Tue Dec 25, 2018 3:16 pm I apologize not mentioning in my question and title that I ask for Nautilus. I adapted the title now. I did not find a secure delete file/folder option for Nemo which works inside Nemo but for Nautilus (secure delete via context menu).
myself i just run bleachbit as root.

Return to “Software & Applications”