Would Like A Media Preview Alternative

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
MrGrimm

Would Like A Media Preview Alternative

Post by MrGrimm »

happy holidays every one. may the season be joyous no matter how you celebrate.

in windows i had media preview for those video and image files that windows refused to create thumbnails for. i'd like to know if there is a alternative for linux/mint. yesterday i noticed a handful of videos that do not have thumbnails. i'm assuming that just like in windows even though the proper codex for playing them is installed that not all formats are support by default to have thumbnails. thanks

http://www.babelsoft.net/products.htm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nGL7VjyKTfc

here's a thread for removing the frames in case it gives peeps ideas on how to add them back. thanks again.

viewtopic.php?f=206&t=221222
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
MrGrimm

Re: Would Like A Media Preview Alternative

Post by MrGrimm »

i'm still interested in this. thanks
MrGrimm

Post by MrGrimm »

o.k. not buying that no one has run across a program for linux.
Moem
Level 22
Level 22

Post by Moem »

It's always possible that you're the only one here who has a certain want.
In what ways / places have you searched so far?

If your issue is solved, kindly indicate that by editing the first post in the topic, and adding [SOLVED] to the title. Thanks!
MrGrimm

Post by MrGrimm »

Moem wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 9:06 am It's always possible that you're the only one here who has a certain want.
In what ways / places have you searched so far?
that's not important, cause i know how to search the forums, the web in general, and dozens of linux sites i've bookmarked. i wouldn't even care about the program if someone would just take the time to answer the question i posted in another thread here for enabling frames on video and image thumbnails.

Return to “Software & Applications”