Forum rules
Before you post please read how to get help
freekvb
Level 1
Level 1

Mint 19.1 - Wine - MT4 <SOLVED>

Post by freekvb »

Hi,

Running MT4 (MetaTrader4) on Wine in LinuxMint 18.x and 19.0 .. working like a charme ..
.. but after upgrading to Mint 19.1 ..
MT4 starts and freezes at the end of the startup process, sets up the grafics and bam ! .. total freeze .... all I can do is kill the process ....

Looks like it's a problem with Wine in 19.1

I can run my Oanda Forex trading account with fx-webtrader or on my phone-MT4-app
.. but ..
I really want MT4 running in LinuxMint19.1

Anyone with the same problem ? .. a solution / work around ? .. that'd be great .. :D

thnx, happy trading
Last edited by freekvb on Sat Mar 02, 2019 7:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
there's no business like .. your own business ..

buteman
Level 4
Level 4

Re: Mint 19.1 - Wine - MT4

Post by buteman »

I don't use MT4 ( don't even know what it is :) )
Where are you installing wine from? If it's through software manager it's really really old.
If that's the case you should remove it via software manager then try installing using the guidelines here:
https://wiki.winehq.org/Ubuntu

freekvb
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Mint 19.1 - Wine - MT4 <SOLVED>

Post by freekvb »

Just uninstalled (purged) wine and installed it again, just like last time according the guidlines here https://wiki.winehq.org/Ubuntu

And all is well again .. :)
there's no business like .. your own business ..

HolyPepa
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Mint 19.1 - Wine - MT4 <SOLVED>

Post by HolyPepa »

Have you ever tried to trade CFD's on MT4? I am pretty sure you can but I am in search for a good advice. To cut it short, there is a really big variety of trading platforms that could be used for CFD tradings, but as far as I know the best choice for trading, as most of the people told me is Investous and you can reach it through the MT4 app. I want to try to become a trader, because I know you can really make a lot of money, so that's why I am looking for this information and I hope you will be able to answer me.

Return to “Software & Applications”