Urgent "A start job is running for Hold until boot process finished up"

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Zyxcel314

Urgent "A start job is running for Hold until boot process finished up"

Post by Zyxcel314 »

Hi everyone,
If someone can help me because this error in the title block my laptop when I want to start it.
For the context, I wanted to delete the python program of my computer (to reinstall it after) and so I made some "sudo apt purge python3-minimal" (or something like that).
After this, I reboot my laptop and at the starting nothing appear on my screen. So I decide to see in the console what was going on, and there is the problem mentioned in the title (sorry I cannot show you pictures because I'm writing on my smartphone).

If someone can help me to fix this problem because it's blocking my study laptop.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
JoeFootball
Level 13
Level 13

Re: Urgent "A start job is running for Hold until boot process finished up"

Post by JoeFootball »

Zyxcel314 wrote:... I wanted to delete the python program of my computer ... I reboot my laptop and at the starting nothing appear on my screen.
I'm fairly certain that Python is a required core component for Linux Mint. Is system re-installation an option?

Joe
gm10

Re: Urgent "A start job is running for Hold until boot process finished up"

Post by gm10 »

As the man said, it's time to reinstall or restore your latest timeshift snapshot (unless you're very comfortable on the command line, which clearly you are not). Also I better not even ask what gave you the idea that purging half your system couldn't possibly go wrong... :P

Return to “Software & Applications”