Xreader: how to use default printer settings (multiple printers)

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
alLa
Level 1
Level 1

Xreader: how to use default printer settings (multiple printers)

Post by alLa »

Hi guys,

In my daily workflow I need to print pages in colour or greyscale, one-sided or duplex. In order not to have to alter the settings for each and every print job, I duplicated my printer in Linux Mint, altered the standard settings for each instance and named them accordingly. So I've got:
a) PrinterStandard (= greyscale, one-sided)
b) PrinterColour (= colour, one-sided)
c) PrinterGreyDuplex (...)
d) PrinterColourDuplex (...)

So, upon printing I only have to select the right printer and off we go...

This works very well in LibreOffice Writer and other applications, but not in Xreader. Xreader defaults back to something else every time (is it last used settings of whatever printer was used?) and selecting a different printer doesn't affect any settings at all...

So I guess the question is: How do I get Xreader to load the default printer settings?

Thanks a lot and best regards,
al
[LM 19.1 64bit Cinnamon, Xreader 2.0.2]
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Neil Darlow

Re: Xreader: how to use default printer settings (multiple printers)

Post by Neil Darlow »

If you select File|Print in Document Viewer (xreader) a standard print dialog should be displayed. From there you can select a specific printer.
alLa
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Xreader: how to use default printer settings (multiple printers)

Post by alLa »

Hi Neil,

Thanks for your answer. I do know how to select a specific printer; the problem is that when doing that all the settings do not change (or correspond to the Printers standard settings as set in Mint's Printer setup)... Or does it work on your machine?

For example: When I select the "color printer", Xreader still keeps the setting for greyscale... As I mentioned, it works great in other applications (LibreOffice)...

Thanks
al

Return to “Software & Applications”