Apple product support

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
lsemmens
Level 11
Level 11

Apple product support

Post by lsemmens »

Wife has just managed to acquire an iPad and iPhone6 for herself. All of my searching for methods to convince these things to talk to Linux only throws up old threads (Mint 18.3 and before). I hate iTunes with a passion and, despite my concerns, these bits of fruit are likely to be just what SWMBO needs. How can I connect these to Linux so that I can (manually) synch data, music and such? I've also heard (may only be rumour) that Apple want you to pay (again) for any stuff you currently own that you then put on one of "their" devices, Is this true?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Fully mint Household
Out of my mind - please leave a message
absque fenestris
Level 12
Level 12

Re: Apple product support

Post by absque fenestris »

She, the Queen, who reigns her kingdom with horror and ios...
My compassion.
Especially if you want to feed the bitten fruits with a ...What??? Linux system.
The funny people from the Genius Bar will tell you very clearly what's going on.
lsemmens
Level 11
Level 11

Post by lsemmens »

absque fenestris wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 6:12 am She, the Queen, who reigns her kingdom with horror and ios...
My compassion.
Especially if you want to feed the bitten fruits with a ...What??? Linux system.
The funny people from the Genius Bar will tell you very clearly what's going on.
I'm guessing that means I'm screwed. I vowed not to install windwoes this year, looks like I'm gonna have to break that vow.....bugga!
Fully mint Household
Out of my mind - please leave a message
Pierre
Level 21
Level 21

Post by Pierre »

it's surely bad enough, that you've gotta use Apple & Microsoft:
- Two Propriety System Together :twisted:
but then with Linux :?: probably not, my friend :(

there is limited function, that will enable you to pull your photo's off your device,,
- but that's about it.
Please edit your original post title to include [SOLVED] - when your problem is solved!
and DO LOOK at those Unanswered Topics - - you may be able to answer some!.
Hoser Rob
Level 20
Level 20

Post by Hoser Rob »

lsemmens wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 6:17 am .... I vowed not to install windwoes this year, looks like I'm gonna have to break that vow.....bugga!
I think you would be better off having some WIndows for this. I haven't had any for a while but I don't need it, and I had a Windows partition sitting unused for some time before I overwrote it. Linux can't do everything, Apple isn't the only one with no Linux support by a long shot, not all WIndows programs have a really functional Linux equivalent (eg Photoshop), and I think new Linuxers are often too quick to abandon WIndows.
For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong - H. L. Mencken
DAMIEN1307

Post by DAMIEN1307 »

if its just a question of being able to transfer pics, music files etc. from iphone/ipad so you can get it on computer, i did this a while back for an old guy (84) who has those along with a linux mint system i installed for him after he couldnt handle windowoes any longer...the solution was simpler than i thought it would be.
i installed "pcloud" on his iphone and his computer, he would then upload to pcloud what he needed from his iphone, and then went on his computer and downloaded everything to his computer and then deleted, quite easily, everything that was in pcloud when he was done since he, like myself, doesnt like cloud computing except for this purpose...iphone, at least is compatible with pcloud and its free...i dont know anything about ipad though so i do not know what if anything can be done with that with pcloud...DAMIEN

Return to “Software & Applications”