Print Friendly web page?

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
wallyUSA
Level 6
Level 6

Print Friendly web page?

Post by wallyUSA »

Is there a way to print a web page text content only, without ads, images, etc? (Cinnamon 4.0.9)

I tried ‘printfriendly’ extension in both Chrome & Firefox. In both cases I can select portions to eliminate but the format of the remaining text gets all shifted around, the end result is ugly and not very usable/readable.

TIA
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
> If your query has been resolved, edit your original post and add <SOLVED> to the beginning of the subject line. This may help others find solutions. <

Dell Latitude 7490 Mint 21.3 Ker 5.15.0-105 Cinn 6.0.4
sjgold85
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Print Friendly web page?

Post by sjgold85 »

This is only a part solution for Firefox...

If the webpage has a reader view alternative, there will be a page icon to the right of the search bar.

(If you need more information about reader view, google it as "how-to-geek reader view browsers".)

Click on the page icon, once reader view loads, print from there.
wallyUSA
Level 6
Level 6

Post by wallyUSA »

sjgold85 wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:04 am This is only a part solution for Firefox...

If the webpage has a reader view alternative, there will be a page icon to the right of the search bar.

(If you need more information about reader view, google it as "how-to-geek reader view browsers".)

Click on the page icon, once reader view loads, print from there.
Sj, thanks, I will give it a try. :D
> If your query has been resolved, edit your original post and add <SOLVED> to the beginning of the subject line. This may help others find solutions. <

wallyUSA
Level 6
Level 6

Post by wallyUSA »

@sj, looks like the browser option only works if the web page is READER VIEW ENABLED!? I assume most site/pages are not at this time. Maybe next year?

Return to “Software & Applications”