[SOLVED] File access for all users on 2nd HDD?

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post please read how to get help
redlined

Re: File access for all users on 2nd HDD?

Post by redlined » Fri Feb 15, 2019 1:34 pm

sediat wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 1:00 pm
WharfRat wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:37 am
What filesystem is on that drive/partition and where is it getting mounted :?:

Paste back

Code: Select all

sudo blkid
mount|grep ^/dev
grep UUID /etc/fstab
I'm new-ish to Linux, migrating from Windows on my family multi-user PC. I've searched all over online, and I'm getting stuck with this problem, so I'm hoping you guys can help me. On Windows, I had 2 physical HDD's - one for the OS and installed applications, and one for documents, photos, music, videos, etc. On Windows, every user had read/write access to all the files on the 2nd drive, and I'm trying to replicate this on Linux Mint. Here's what I've done so far:
hi sediat!

Please make a new thread for help with your issue, this will allow OP this thread to get attention deserved for their issue as well bring attention to your issue from the experienced in forums based on your system and environment which will be different (although same/similar commands may fix things for you too, it is safer to get tailored to your environment responses.

Start new thread with same explain, link back here for example, and add in your results from command: inxi -Fxzd && lsusb that you enter in terminal, then copy all that result and paste in between code tags which you create using the </> icon (top left of post edit box). Hope this helps, and I'll be looking for your new thread!

edit to add:
ps, in your code tag space you could also include the results of the commands you followed from WharfRat, as mentioned above. That will also jump start folks on what you have going on and get you where you want to go. Thanks~

Return to “Software & Applications”