Forum rules
Before you post please read how to get help
Statik
Level 2
Level 2

Installing Lattice iCEcube2 on Linux Mint 19.1 MATE

Post by Statik »

Hi all,
I'm just going to document here the steps I had to go through to install Lattice iCEcube2 in Linux Mint 19.1 MATE as I pieced it together from several places:
1. Register on the page and download the Lattice iCEcube2 installer from here.
2. Download the libpng12-0 i386 installer deb from here.
3. Install libpng12-0 from the deb
4. Open a terminal and type

Code: Select all

ifconfig -a
. Note the hardware address for one of your Ethernet interfaces. It will be a 12 digit hexadecimal number in 6 groups of 2 separated by colons.
5. Go to the licensing page linked on the Lattice iCEcube2 download page. Paste the hardware (MAC) address into the field only field present. Change the colons(:) to dashes(-), check the checkbox and hit submit.
6. Create a directory to install Lattice iCEcube2 into.
7. Go to your email program and save the license.dat file you received in that directory.
8. Open a console and type the following two commands:

Code: Select all

sudo ip link add eth0 type dummy
sudo ip link set eth0 address(hardware address)
This creates a copy of your chosen interface, but calls it eth0, which is what the software will look for to validate your license.
9. Now run the installer and proceed as normal. When asked for the license, point to the file you saved.

This should result in a shortcut on your desktop to a working iCEcube2 install. I haven't used it yet, but it at least comes up to a working screen.

Statik
Statik
Level 2
Level 2

Re: Installing Lattice iCEcube2 on Linux Mint 19.1 MATE

Post by Statik »

As a follow-up, in order to get the scripts working, you need to change the script files to work with Linux mint as documented here Basically you change the #!/bin/sh to #!/bin/bash in all the scripts

Return to “Software & Applications”