[Sorted]Linux Mint Mate 19.1 64 bit iso

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
jbh911
Level 4
Level 4

[Sorted]Linux Mint Mate 19.1 64 bit iso

Post by jbh911 »

I've recently installed Linux Mint Mate 19.1 64 bit on laptops and desktops and had a peculiar message appear whilst addressing the / partition installation, which on both occasions ha been formatted as ext4 file system & /. The 1st occurrence of peculiar message, which referred to shrinking the partition was accepted and the process when on for many minutes until it was aborted. The 2nd occurrence is was ignored and the installation proceeded successfully.
The previous messages at that stage of the iso installation was about loss of data, which you would expect, but this was way off field in my book.
Just some feedback from a long term linux user.
The Linux Mint Mat 19.1 64 bit iso was downloaded from the Linux Mint site and error checked.
:D
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
deepakdeshp
Level 20
Level 20

Re: Linux Mint Mate 19.1 64 bit iso

Post by deepakdeshp »

I hope the sha checksum of the iso was done.
If I have helped you solve a problem, please add [SOLVED] to your first post title, it helps other users looking for help.
Regards,
Deepak

Mint 21.1 Cinnamon 64 bit with AMD A6 / 8GB
Mint 21.1 Cinnamon AMD Ryzen3500U/8gb
deepakdeshp
Level 20
Level 20

Re: Linux Mint Mate 19.1 64 bit iso

Post by deepakdeshp »

Shrinking does take time. If there is no data in the partition you can delete it , which is quicker instead of shrinking
If I have helped you solve a problem, please add [SOLVED] to your first post title, it helps other users looking for help.
Regards,
Deepak

Mint 21.1 Cinnamon 64 bit with AMD A6 / 8GB
Mint 21.1 Cinnamon AMD Ryzen3500U/8gb

Return to “Software & Applications”