Forum rules
Before you post please read how to get help
SueS
Level 1
Level 1

Best Podcast App?

Post by SueS » Thu Jul 04, 2019 12:58 pm

Hi,

I'm looking for a new Android podcast app that is compatible with Linux Mint 19.1. Ideally, I'd like to find one that can be synced between my phone (Android OS) and my desktop and laptop which both run Linux Mint 19.1. Any suggestions for one that is reasonably secure and does not gather inordinate amounts of data or have ads.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions?

S

Lord Boltar
Level 5
Level 5

Re: Best Podcast App?

Post by Lord Boltar » Thu Jul 04, 2019 7:25 pm

Steps to access Android Devices in Buntu based OS

FUSE file system for MTP enabled devices mtpfs use your Synaptic Package Manager to get the following files

go-mtpfs

libmtp9 - most likely installed already

jmtpfs

Once installed plug in your Android device using USB cable in

From the Drop down menu on your Android device select "Conneted to USB in Charging Mode" then select "File Transfer" you can now access all your Android folders on your device simply drag and drop

For the Podcast App might want to have a look at Vocal - https://vocalproject.net/ or gPodder - https://gpodder.github.io/

One of the most popular ways to manage podcasts on Linux is directly within a music player. Many people opt to go this route, rather than a stand-alone program for one main reason: podcasts are just one aspect of their media diet.

While it’s true that programs like Vocal and Gpodder offer great features, Rhythmbox still is a good option, as it operates a lot like iTunes. Which is installed already

Hope this helps
IF your problem has been solved, please edit your original post and add [SOLVED] to the beginning of the Subject Line. It helps other members

The only way for evil to prosper is for good men to do nothing

SueS
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Best Podcast App?

Post by SueS » Sat Jul 06, 2019 10:02 pm

Thanks very much. I really appreciate your detailed response! :D

Return to “Software & Applications”