Forum rules
Before you post please read how to get help
Master-Sezer
Level 1
Level 1

Kdenlive Project disappeared?

Post by Master-Sezer » Sat Jul 13, 2019 11:31 am

Hello Linux Brothers,

did someone know kdenlive? That thing is that i have create a project nearly to end and after month
i will finish it the textdocument wich i get after saving dont open the saved project more. Why it saved only as textdocument
and not more secure? I know before when i save that when i move a picture or video, then it isnt more in the project, too.
So i cant work with kdenlive. How can i save it more secure and without lost it? Is the project lost or did i find it again?
I search "YES" it was named but i find only the textdocument wich i cant open my last saving.

Best Regards :lol:

Lord Boltar
Level 5
Level 5

Re: Kdenlive Project disappeared?

Post by Lord Boltar » Sat Jul 13, 2019 4:06 pm

Kdenlive projects consist in a singe .kdenlive file (in XML format), gathering :target video and audio properties and references to all the source materials (and to their lighter proxies work copies) clips arrangement on the timeline, with effects applied, and everything to get the final result

Project files are associated with a working directory, in which Kdenlive will generate proxies and thumbs, so that an overview of your media always shows up quickly (if you move your project file, you should declare the directory change in the project properties).

when you select Save AS make sure you select the correct format otherwise Kdenlive will not understand it.

Hope this helps
IF your problem has been solved, please edit your original post and add [SOLVED] to the beginning of the Subject Line. It helps other members

The only way for evil to prosper is for good men to do nothing

Master-Sezer
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Kdenlive Project disappeared?

Post by Master-Sezer » Sun Jul 14, 2019 1:29 am

Thank you! Yes i see it and know it now. At the last. Did i can save other?
Because i have to move the picture etc. sometimes.
Its only the solution for copy and paste the pic in one ordner before?

Return to “Software & Applications”