How to stop DOWNLOAD VIDEO message box in XDM?

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
ES44AC8102
Level 4
Level 4

How to stop DOWNLOAD VIDEO message box in XDM?

Post by ES44AC8102 »

I've been using the XDM file down loader and it's working fine, all except for the annoying message in the lower right of my browser that says DOWNLOAD VIDEO!
I have tried to disable the XDM Browser Monitor to no avail, as soon as there's a video on any page, the message pops back up and won't go away.
This behavior is occurring in both Mint and W7 with the latest Firefox 68.0.1 as the browser.

Posing a question to the discussion group of XDM hasn't done anything, there are no replies. Love the program but hate this annoying message.

Thanks to all,

"ES"
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
trytip
Level 14
Level 14

Re: How to stop DOWNLOAD VIDEO message box in XDM?

Post by trytip »

disable the addon/extension on your browser
personnaly i ignore the download video, if fact i like having it there in case i need to download a news video where available. if i don't want the video i click the X to close the download notification

most folks complain about not being able to download videos, and you complain about the option always available? :lol: some people are never pleased

PS: oh i see you probably have xdm autostart at powerup , so why don't you turn it off?

ES44AC8102
Level 4
Level 4

Post by ES44AC8102 »

trytip wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2019 11:01 am PS: oh i see you probably have xdm autostart at powerup , so why don't you turn it off? /quote]

If it was set to auto start it was done by default, I am happy to disable it and toggle it on when I want it.
I thought by unticking the Browser Monitor it would stop the message box from appearing but it doesn't. Disabling it is fine with me I should have thought of it.

"Some people are never satisfied?" Ahhh so we all need to march in lock step and never have an independent thought? How dull and boring the world would be if we were all the same...<sigh>

Thank you in spite of the sarcasm. :wink: :wink:

"ES"
trytip
Level 14
Level 14

Post by trytip »

i'm a sarcastic user, and joke a lot :mrgreen: with everyone don't take it personal.
xdm like most software developed by one man team has quirks and flaws. if you disable browser monitoring, clear items in the extension dropdown menu and you kill the download video you won't get the window again.

just tested on youtube. if i go there with browser monitor off and xdm running i don't get the download button. if i enable monitoring and refresh the page i get it. now if i disable monitoring i still get the popup until i click the extension clear items and refresh the page

hope you get it working :D

Return to “Software & Applications”