Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post please read how to get help
Rtep
Level 3
Level 3

AnyDesk help needed

Post by Rtep » Fri Sep 27, 2019 3:31 pm

I'm testing AnyDesk and one thing is bothering me. Application is starting with Linux and I do not like it. There is no option in settings how to do that. Do anyone know how to stop AnyDesk from starting with my computer? Thanx for any help in advance

blueocean
Level 5
Level 5

Re: AnyDesk help needed

Post by blueocean » Fri Sep 27, 2019 5:02 pm

Try this:
Menu>control center>startup applications>turn off undesired startup
To mark this issue solved, go to your original 1st post and click the edit pencil and add [Solved] at the beginning of the title and click Submit.

Rtep
Level 3
Level 3

Post by Rtep » Fri Sep 27, 2019 9:51 pm

Thanx, but AnyDesk is not in Start-up list application. That's what I tried first. Anybody...any idea? Thanx.

blueocean
Level 5
Level 5

Post by blueocean » Fri Sep 27, 2019 10:09 pm

To mark this issue solved, go to your original 1st post and click the edit pencil and add [Solved] at the beginning of the title and click Submit.

Rtep
Level 3
Level 3

Post by Rtep » Sun Sep 29, 2019 1:36 pm

Thanx blueocean for your help. This is what did that job: sudo systemctl disable anydesk.service. It is not starting with Linux now. Only if somebody know how to disable to send icon to panel when closing application, instead of REALLY close it. Anybody any idea?Thanx

blueocean
Level 5
Level 5

Post by blueocean » Sun Sep 29, 2019 2:18 pm

Rtep wrote:
Sun Sep 29, 2019 1:36 pm
Thanx blueocean for your help. This is what did that job: sudo systemctl disable anydesk.service. It is not starting with Linux now. Only if somebody know how to disable to send icon to panel when closing application, instead of REALLY close it. Anybody any idea?Thanx
Can you elaborate your question a bit more concerning the panel?
Additionally, there are a couple more options I read about:
https://alt.os.linux.mint.narkive.com/C ... ng-at-boot
and
http://www.pclinuxos.com/forum/index.php?topic=138649.0
It would be prudent to make a Timeshift snapshot before trying various experiments so if things get medded up you can correct them.

Rtep
Level 3
Level 3

Post by Rtep » Mon Sep 30, 2019 12:29 am

When I close AnyDesk, it is really not closed. It will go to panel. I will prefer to completely quit the application, not just close it to panel. Any idea how to do it? Thanx. Any desk is not starting with Linux now, that's big VICTORY. If I can quit application with one click instead of going to panel and choose "quit" it will be another VICTORY.

blueocean
Level 5
Level 5

Post by blueocean » Mon Sep 30, 2019 11:58 am

Sorry, I can't help on that. I'm on a metered connection and it takes about 1GB of download just to test.

Return to “Software & Applications”