Metadata (tag) Editor for Video... Is there one?

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post please read how to get help
Portreve
Level 8
Level 8

Metadata (tag) Editor for Video... Is there one?

Post by Portreve » Sat Oct 12, 2019 10:16 am

I'm trying to find a tag editor, something along the lines of EasyTag, which lets me fully edit metadata for video files and not just audio ones.

I've already searched this message board as well as the software manager, and I'm not finding anything.

Does anyone know if perhaps I'm overlooking the obvious?

Thanks!

EDIT: I have looked around on the Internet but the only program I've found which allegedly might be useful, AtomicParsley, appears to largely be a dead project. Yes, it's in the repos for LM, but it's strictly a command-line program, and when I installed it, I couldn't find a way to access it. atomicparsley, atomic, parsley, and ap weren't recognized commands. What exists of their "message board" doesn't seem to specify anything. I mean, clearly, there has to be something you type in to use it, but I sure couldn't figure it out. I've therefore uninstalled it since I saw no point in continuing with it.
Presently rocking LinuxMint 19.2 Cinnamon.

Remember to mark your fixed problem [SOLVED].

Xi does look like Winnie the Pooh. FTCG.

Portreve
Level 8
Level 8

Re: Metadata (tag) Editor for Video... Is there one?

Post by Portreve » Sat Oct 12, 2019 4:52 pm

I should probably also add the following...

I really like EasyTAG, and I use it for very basic video file metadata tag editing, but the problem is it simply doesn't support any of the video-specific tags (like season, plot synopsis, etc.) and that's very frustrating.
Presently rocking LinuxMint 19.2 Cinnamon.

Remember to mark your fixed problem [SOLVED].

Xi does look like Winnie the Pooh. FTCG.

Return to “Software & Applications”