First of all , I would say im technically savy but in the Linux world fairly new.
OS: Linux Mint 19.2 - Cinnamon
Power button to suspend is intermittent. Sometimes it will suspend properly, and the PC appears to be off ( no fans going, lights in the case off , monitors off etc ) other times it doesn't ( fans spinning, case lights on , monitors off ). When it suspends properly i can wake it fine ( WOL or power button ). When it doesn't suspend properly sometimes it cant be woken and have to force it off to turn it back on.
What i have tried :
- Checking BIOS for WOL / Wake on PCI / PCIE - Settings are correct here
- Checking BIOS for S1 / S3 / S5 Sleep state options - Settings seem fine here
- Running 'suspend' from terminal - 50% of the time would suspend
- Running 'sudo suspend' - no issues and suspended correctly 3 times out of 3
- https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DebuggingKernelSuspend - followed some steps form this link including running This had no issues and suspended correctly 3 times out of 3
Code: Select all
sudo sh -c "sync && echo 1 > /sys/power/pm_trace && pm-suspend"
- Going to 'Menu' -> 'Power icon' then selecting 'Suspend' from menu - worked again 50% of the time
- My Alias for suspend = alias bye='echo bye && sudo systemctl suspend' this works most of the time , mainly use this to suspend my machine when i remote ssh to it