Forum rules
Before you post please read how to get help
Siv
Level 1
Level 1

Evolution Body Text Colours Wrong After NVidia Driver Update

Post by Siv »

Hi,
I use Mint 19.2 with the Cinnamon desktop and use the following dark theme settings.

Window Borders: Mint-Y-Dark
Icons: Adwaita
Controls: Mint-Y-Dark-Blue
Mouse Pointer: DMZ-White
Desktop: Mint-Y-Dark-Blue

When I first installed Mint 19.2 and open a mail message in Evolution, with the above theme settings email text appeared as a pale grey on a black background which was fine and matched my dark theme settings.

Today I received an updated Nvidia Driver in my daily updates. I applied the update and then restarted my machine. When I went into email afterwards I noticed that all the text in an email is now white and I can't see the text against the white background? All the Evolution Chrome is in black and grey like the rest of the applications in dark mode.

I went into the System Settings and "Nvidia Settings" and can't see anything that I can change that would revert me back to how it was before?
Whilst there I checked the driver manager and it has the selection "Continue using a manually installed driver". In the list above it shows:
* nvidia-driver-435 (recommended)
* xserver-xorg-video-nouveau (open-source)
* nvidia-driver-390
* nvidia-driver-430

I tried to change the option to the recommended one at the top of the list but it appears I cannot select any of the other options and the "Revert" and "Apply Changes" buttons are greyed out?

Does anyone know how I fix this.
dimspace
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Evolution Body Text Colours Wrong After NVidia Driver Update

Post by dimspace »

For any others with same problem. See this thread viewtopic.php?f=47&t=305488&p=1715115&h ... t#p1715115

its a libwebkit2gtk issue.

Return to “Software & Applications”