Backup Of AndroidPhone data on Linux Mint PC

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
52ROSt
Level 5
Level 5

Backup Of AndroidPhone data on Linux Mint PC

Post by 52ROSt »

I still running 17.3 KDE 64 bit and want to make a backup on my PC (not the Google cloud)

Searching in the web I found: https://www.android-recovery.de/bq-hand ... html#mode2 but this is for windows. Searching the Linux MInt Software Manager, I did not find a suitable application or I might have overseen it.

What kind of application is available to back up an android phone on to a Linux Mint PC?

What needs to considered?

Thanks in advance for your help!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
52ROSt
Level 5
Level 5

Re: Backup Of AndroidPhone data on Linux Mint PC

Post by 52ROSt »

This is a solution I found and used to back-up my data.

https://www.maketecheasier.com/back-up- ... db-ubuntu/

I found several links explaining the ADB tool but the above link gave me the key information on how to open the developer. Explanations work like a recipie.

I have neither tried to restored my data nor tried to move my data on to a new android device.

Note: I did this on my 19.1 Cinnamon 64bit machine.
Hypex
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Backup Of AndroidPhone data on Linux Mint PC

Post by Hypex »

The most simple way would be to plug the phone in so it mounts as a filesystem. This should give you a Phone folder as well as a Card folder for any SD card plugged in. Backing up the Phone folder will give you a basic backup.

However, the real Android data will be hidden beneath. So, the ADB method as per the previous post, is the proper method to use to get Android app data. Even if it is done without a GUI.

Other ways would be apps with web interfaces you can log into to examine and backup certain data.

Return to “Software & Applications”