Wine and PRO 100

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
drop

Wine and PRO 100

Post by drop »

Hi All ,

I have a small problem with my software and hardware .

So I will start from beginning to explain step by step.

Operating system : Linux Mint 19.3 Tricia
Computer : Laptop ASUS GL703 ( more : https://www.asus.com/us/Laptops/ROG-Strix-GL703/ )

Software to install on wine : PRO 100 ( More https://www.ecru.pl/en )

PRO100 is a kitchen/joinery design software. After I bought the program they send me by post software on USB1 and hardware key for the program on USB2 devices.

I have installed program with no problem at all using wine but unfortunately program asking for hardware key ( is plug in usb ) but some how PRO100 do not see the usb with the key .

So few information's :

lsusb

Bus 002 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0003 Linux Foundation 3.0 root hub
Bus 001 Device 005: ID 0b05:1869 ASUSTek Computer, Inc.
Bus 001 Device 004: ID 13d3:5666 IMC Networks
Bus 001 Device 003: ID 8087:0a2b Intel Corp.
Bus 001 Device 008: ID 0403:f6c8 Future Technology Devices International, Ltd < ---------------------------- THIS IS THE HARDWARE KEY
Bus 001 Device 002: ID 093a:2521 Pixart Imaging, Inc. Optical Mouse
Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hu

Anyone will be able to help me with the problem ?

Thank You ,
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
skogs
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Wine and PRO 100

Post by skogs »

I don't think wine will ever auto-mount a flash drive. Not that it will necessarily fix a hardware key; but it might at least be worth trying to do this:

I'm guessing that blkid will be somewhat more useful than lsusb; blkid will give you a useful path like /dev/sda1 to use.

- winecfg
- Click on Drives tab
- Hit 'add' button .... etc etc to find your flash drive.

I'm guessing that blkid will be somewhat more useful than lsusb; blkid will give you a useful path like /dev/sda1 to use.
drop

Post by drop »

Hi , Thanks for the answer .

I did try this before but there show me only the letters of the drive . So unfortunately is not show up any label of USB .

I tried add the print screen but unfortunately for some reason keeps pooping up ERROR .

Thanks ,
pbear
Level 16
Level 16

Post by pbear »

drop wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 8:51 pm Anyone will be able to help me with the problem ?
Did you contact the vendor? They are by far the most likely folks to know the solution, if there is one.
Hoser Rob
Level 20
Level 20

Post by Hoser Rob »

Try the Wine forums. I found a link for this program on the Wine app database but it's 10 years old so it's irrelevantt now.
For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong - H. L. Mencken
drop

Post by drop »

pbear wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 1:18 am
drop wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 8:51 pm Anyone will be able to help me with the problem ?
Did you contact the vendor? They are by far the most likely folks to know the solution, if there is one.
Yes , they have just simple answer . We do not support Linux operating system . Program in demo version is working perfectly fine with no problem at all . The problem is the software key on USB on full version ..

Thanks mate .
pbear
Level 16
Level 16

Post by pbear »

drop wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 12:07 am... We do not support Linux operating system ...
Do you NEED this app or is it just something you'd like to have. If you need it, probably nothing for it but to use dual boot or a virtual machine. By all means, try the Wine forum as Hoser Rob suggests, but I'll be surprised whether anyone active on their forum is using this particular app. And that's the thing about support forums. It's not enough that the question have an answer. The person who knows the answer has to see the question.
absque fenestris
Level 12
Level 12

Post by absque fenestris »

There's something I don't understand. If I buy a Microsoft Windows program with a hardware key - then I know that I cannot use this program on a Mac.
But it will work under Linux.
No problem - Linux can.
Linux is a magic system.
Everything is just a question of understanding - and Linux users can do anything, anytime.
drop

Post by drop »

Before I bought the program I was done a test if the software is working properly on linux operating system in demo version . So unfortunately I cannot test the software with the software key . pla
Anyway , I do not planing change my system to windows or have any dual boot or somthing like that. So if I wil not find the solucion of the software I will just simple return them . I have more other software I using on linux and Iam so hapy of that . Pro 100 is base of part of my bussenes but if will not works I will do not have choice .

To be honest this wil be my small pice of stone to let the know big companies that they should think about linux users .

I belive that we can find some solucion here . If not . Life goes on ...
absque fenestris
Level 12
Level 12

Post by absque fenestris »

drop wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 1:08 am Before I bought the program I was done a test if the software is working properly on linux operating system in demo version . So unfortunately I cannot test the software with the software key . pla
Anyway , I do not planing change my system to windows or have any dual boot or somthing like that. So if I wil not find the solucion of the software I will just simple return them . I have more other software I using on linux and Iam so hapy of that . Pro 100 is base of part of my bussenes but if will not works I will do not have choice .

To be honest this wil be my small pice of stone to let the know big companies that they should think about linux users .

I belive that we can find some solucion here . If not . Life goes on ...
I tried that with various software - maybe you will be more lucky than me...
lsemmens
Level 11
Level 11

Post by lsemmens »

Possibly try it in a virtual machine rather than WINE. Do you have a Windwoes license that you can use?
Fully mint Household
Out of my mind - please leave a message
drop

Post by drop »

lsemmens wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 2:28 am Possibly try it in a virtual machine rather than WINE. Do you have a Windwoes license that you can use?
Yes I have but I don't want use VM cause is working very very slow. Sorry this is not a solution for me .
Thank you for your comment and help.

Return to “Software & Applications”