Is Anybody Having Issues With Brave Browser?

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
KamenRiderNecro
Level 3
Level 3

Is Anybody Having Issues With Brave Browser?

Post by KamenRiderNecro »

I've been noticing some odd quirks with Brave browser recently, as in:

1.) Overshooting between pages when going back and forth (as in going to one link on a site, then overshooting by two pages past the one you were headed back to)

2.) Having to click more than once to get a link to respond to being accessed

3.) Killing more than one tab when you shut a tab down

I was wondering if anybody else was having similar problems and that if maybe it was just this particular version of Brave acting funny? I posted this on the Brave forums as well for good measure.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
"Is that gasoline, Mr. Gideon?"

"Jalapeno, what a headache!"

Mint 20.2 MATE, Intel core i5 9600K, MSI Z390M, Crucial Ballistix 16GB RAM, WD Black boot drive, WD HDDs
MrEen
Level 23
Level 23

Re: Is Anybody Having Issues With Brave Browser?

Post by MrEen »

Hi KamenRiderNecro.

I've not had any of those issue. I haven't applied the most recent update yet, so I'm still on Version 1.2.42 Chromium: 79.0.3945.117 (Official Build) (64-bit)

One common thing I see in the details you provided is they could all be pointing to a mouse issue. Do you have another mouse to test with?
Pierre
Level 21
Level 21

Post by Pierre »

there hasn't been any Major Problems - reported, so far.
- - yours may be your-machine-specific, though.
Please edit your original post title to include [SOLVED] - when your problem is solved!
and DO LOOK at those Unanswered Topics - - you may be able to answer some!.
Inundated
Level 3
Level 3

Post by Inundated »

Freezing issues with Brave may be related to this:

viewtopic.php?f=47&t=307061

The issue affects all Chromium-based browsers including Brave and Chrome itself...current build 79.*
LAPTOP: HP - Linux Mint 21.3 Cinnamon via SSD with Windows 11 on hardware
DESKTOP: Lenovo ThinkCentre M83 SFF- Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon (on hold for now)
Lady Fitzgerald
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Lady Fitzgerald »

The only real issue I have with Brave is, after wheel (center) clicking on a link to open it up in a new tab is I have to click on the new tab to access it instead of automatically opening up the tab. While it's annoying as all get out, it's not a fatal flaw (it's on the list to be fixed, probably sometime in the distant future).

Brave is still having serious growing pains (although, over time, it has gotten much better). If you peruse their forum, you will see countless posts about the problems many people are having with it. Pretty much all of these problems are happening to a tiny percentage of users. Because of the huge differences in hardware and software combinations that exist, it's difficult to design software that will work for everyone all the time (heck, even Microsoft can't get it right much of the time).

You might want to check out their help forum: https://community.brave.com/latest Their website software sucks but you can get good help from there most of the time.
Jeannie

To ensure the safety of your data, you have to be proactive, not reactive, so, back it up!

Return to “Software & Applications”