Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post please read how to get help
1NEWLINUXUSER
Level 4
Level 4

(SOLVED) Suspend mode not working in Mate

Post by 1NEWLINUXUSER »

Hi. I've just recently noticed that Mate will not go into Suspend mode when inactive for the specified period time and running on DC. Suspend mode works fine when running on AC but not on DC! Odd because Cinnamon does not have the same problem!

Has anyone else noticed this with Mate and does anyone have any idea how make Mate go into Suspend mode when inactive and running on DC?

Thanks.
Last edited by 1NEWLINUXUSER on Sun Feb 16, 2020 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

1NEWLINUXUSER
Level 4
Level 4

Re: Suspend mode not working in Mate

Post by 1NEWLINUXUSER »

Solved, I think, not that anyone's interested! Found in Mate w/dconf power management that for some reason "action-sleep-type-battery" was set to 'hibernate' instead of 'suspend', changed it to 'suspend' and now 'suspend' appears to work when working on the battery!

karlchen
Level 20
Level 20

Post by karlchen »

1NEWLINUXUSER wrote:
Sun Feb 16, 2020 5:47 pm
Solved, I think, not that anyone's interested! [...]
I am always interested in learning about problem solutions. :)
Wonder whether the same thing could happen on xfce and Cinnamon as well.
Linux Mint 19.2 64-bit Cinnamon, Total Commander 9.22a 64-bit
Haß gleicht einer Krankheit, dem Miserere, wo man vorne herausgibt, was eigentlich hinten wegsollte. (Goethe)

1NEWLINUXUSER
Level 4
Level 4

Post by 1NEWLINUXUSER »

karlchen wrote:
Sun Feb 16, 2020 6:14 pm
1NEWLINUXUSER wrote:
Sun Feb 16, 2020 5:47 pm
Solved, I think, not that anyone's interested! [...]
Not in my experience with Cinnamon, haven't tried xfce. Two installs of Cinnamon and both would suspend correctly in the specified amount of inactive time when working on either AC or DC and that includes a Cinnamon live boot disk as well. Not so with Mate! Mate would suspend correctly on AC but not DC! That's when I checked in dconf and found it set to 'hibernate'. Found the same in both Mate 19.2 & .3 live boot disc.

I was unable to find the setting in dconf for Cinnamon to see how it was set and because it appeared to work correctly anyway I gave up. Hope that helps.

1NEWLINUXUSER
Level 4
Level 4

Post by 1NEWLINUXUSER »

karlchen wrote:
Sun Feb 16, 2020 6:14 pm
Hey Karlchen, I think I may have found another similar problem with Mate Screensaver when running on DC, but no solution yet! I have Screensaver set at 5 minutes of inactivity and to Suspend in 10. Again, AC seems to works perfectly but on DC the screen just goes black @ 5 minutes, no screensaver, and in 10 minutes it suspends (so at least that still works!). I've checked dconf again but find no mention of Screensaver on DC/battery. I'm curious if you have any thoughts on where to look for a resolution for this?

Thanks.

Return to “Software & Applications”