LibreOffice Calc - unwanted search icons...(SOLVED)

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post please read how to get help
tenfoot
Level 6
Level 6

LibreOffice Calc - unwanted search icons...(SOLVED)

Post by tenfoot »

Using Linux Mint v19.3 Mate and LibreOffice v6.0.7.3

I have a spreadsheet of 8 columns. The columns are sorted quite frequently, e.g. If I want to know how many people of a certain Gender (say M) I search on C as the primary column.

Everything has been working without problems until a couple of days ago when, obviously I did something foolish without realising it, "down arrows" icons appeared above all columns.
Screenshot at 2020-02-18 11-32-01.png
My questions is: how can I remove them, please? A bonus would be if someone could explain to me what monumental mistake I made which resulted in the problem in the first place :-)

I do realise, of course, that in some circumstances they would add to ease of sorting but I don't want them.
Last edited by tenfoot on Tue Feb 18, 2020 2:56 am, edited 2 times in total.
tenfoot
"Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds darkness always got there first, and is waiting for it." Terry Pratchett (Reaper Man)
RIH
Level 5
Level 5

Re: LibreOffice Calc - unwanted search icons...

Post by RIH »

It may be that you have activated autofilter; go to Data | Filter and see if the Autofilter icon is active - it will look raised. If so, simply click Autofilter.
Host: bob-Aspire-TC-705 Kernel: 4.15.0-112-generic x86_64 bits: 64
compiler: gcc v: 7.4.0 Desktop: Cinnamon 4.4.8
Distro: Linux Mint 19.3 Tricia base: Ubuntu 18.04 bionic
tenfoot
Level 6
Level 6

Re: LibreOffice Calc - unwanted search icons...

Post by tenfoot »

RIH wrote:
Mon Feb 17, 2020 8:40 pm
It may be that you have activated autofilter; go to Data | Filter and see if the Autofilter icon is active - it will look raised. If so, simply click Autofilter.
Thank you for your prompt reply. The Auto Filter was on and as soon as I clicked on it the "Down arrows" magically disappeared.

You have made perplexed geriatric very happy. Thank you.

Subject will be marked solved,
tenfoot
"Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds darkness always got there first, and is waiting for it." Terry Pratchett (Reaper Man)

Return to “Software & Applications”