So which are the 'best' browsers for 2020 (according to you)?

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
RollyShed
Level 8
Level 8

Re: So which are the 'best' browsers for 2020 (according to you)?

Post by RollyShed »

Fiirefox because you can have the Menu at the top with Bookmarks. It makes life easy.
Unfortunately Firefox does not display some website correctly or the website writers don't write them properly. Text on top of text or "[image]" written on top of text, etc.
Lady Fitzgerald
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Lady Fitzgerald »

Menard wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 4:31 am ...Brave and Opera need to install a Chromium-codecs-ffmpeg-extra package every month to view the videos...
I've been using Brave in Linux Mint Cinnamon ever since I started using Mint (19 months) and for quite a while before that in Win 7 and I never had to install anything every month to view videos.
Jeannie

To ensure the safety of your data, you have to be proactive, not reactive, so, back it up!
ivar
Level 5
Level 5

Post by ivar »

Lady Fitzgerald wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 9:13 pm Really I felt that Internet Explorer was the best browser I ever used starting with version 9 (before then, ugh!).
true, IE after a certain version was much better. But still not good IMHO :mrgreen: Having to deal with applications requiring activeX and other proprietary plugins sure didn't help either
Menard
Level 7
Level 7

Post by Menard »

Lady Fitzgerald wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 7:34 am
Menard wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 4:31 am ...Brave and Opera need to install a Chromium-codecs-ffmpeg-extra package every month to view the videos...
I've been using Brave in Linux Mint Cinnamon ever since I started using Mint (19 months) and for quite a while before that in Win 7 and I never had to install anything every month to view videos.
With Brave it was for some embedded cam streaming in fact
Linux Mint 20.3 Cinnamon - K 5.15 - Desktop - english
AMD APU A8 7600 - DDR3 1833 MHz 8 GB x2 Dual Channel
--

If you think tough men are dangerous, wait until you see what weak men are capable of.
kc1di
Level 18
Level 18

Post by kc1di »

Vivaldi Just because I like it's layout :)
Easy tips : https://easylinuxtipsproject.blogspot.com/ Pjotr's Great Linux projects page.
Linux Mint Installation Guide: http://linuxmint-installation-guide.rea ... en/latest/
Registered Linux User #462608
Lady Fitzgerald
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Lady Fitzgerald »

ivar wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 7:57 am
Lady Fitzgerald wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 9:13 pm Really I felt that Internet Explorer was the best browser I ever used starting with version 9 (before then, ugh!).
true, IE after a certain version was much better. But still not good IMHO :mrgreen: Having to deal with applications requiring activeX and other proprietary plugins sure didn't help either
I never needed ActiveX or any plugins. IE's best feature was how well and easily it handled cookies.
Jeannie

To ensure the safety of your data, you have to be proactive, not reactive, so, back it up!
Hoser Rob
Level 20
Level 20

Post by Hoser Rob »

You answered your own question by putting 'best' in quote marks, IOW, there is no definitive best one.

I use Chrome because it has better compatibility for various formats etc but I do clean my cookies a lot.
For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong - H. L. Mencken
Pepper-Mint-Patty
Level 5
Level 5

Post by Pepper-Mint-Patty »

Hoser Rob wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 9:25 am I use Chrome because it has better compatibility for various formats etc but I do clean my cookies a lot.
You better consider Ungoogled Chromium
It Strips Away the Privacy-Invading Features from Chromium
'Google’s got eyes deep inside both to track all kinds of stuff. Ungoogled Chromium is a special build that strips as much of that stuff away as possible.'
If guns don't kill, then OxyContin doesn't either, heroin isn't addicitve and fairy tales are real.
19.2 Cinn, Nemo
Dark13
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Dark13 »

Tor Browser 10.5.2
resolution and DPR check https://screenresolutiontest.com

Return to “Software & Applications”