How do i install Nicotine+ from Git?

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
premier69
Level 3
Level 3

How do i install Nicotine+ from Git?

Post by premier69 »

hey

this here linkhttps://github.com/Nicotine-Plus/nicoti ... FROMGIT.md, the instructions aren't adequate for me to succeed with installing the latest version.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
OS: Linux Mint 19.3 Tricia x86_64 | Kernel: 5.3.0-28-generic | DE: Cinnamon 4.4.8 | CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X (16) @ 4.000GHz | GPU: AMD Radeon 580 VRAM: 8GB | RAM: 16GB
Furieh
Level 1
Level 1

Re: How do i install Nicotine+ from Git?

Post by Furieh »

Ok, I will assume you have both python3-pip and git installed, if this is not the case, please install them first using "sudo apt install".

Since you don't give a lot of information in your post, I'll also assume you're having trouble with the location of the binaries, that is, you try the python code they show you in the link you shared, which is < pip install git+https://github.com/Nicotine-Plus/nicotine-plus.git > and te console says everything's OK and you get your cool icon under INTERNET on the menu, but you can't run it.

That's because, as the page correctly states, it's installed on the current user's Home Folder, that is to say:

Code: Select all

~/.local/bin
All you have to do id CD into that directory and sudo cp the nicotine file to the /usr/bin directory or otherwise add it to your $PATH on your ~/.xsessionrc. I find it the quickest to just copy it to /usr/bin.

If that's not what you're looking for, please let me know so we can try something else.
premier69
Level 3
Level 3

Post by premier69 »

Thank You!
OS: Linux Mint 19.3 Tricia x86_64 | Kernel: 5.3.0-28-generic | DE: Cinnamon 4.4.8 | CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X (16) @ 4.000GHz | GPU: AMD Radeon 580 VRAM: 8GB | RAM: 16GB
Furieh
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Furieh »

💪💪💪

Return to “Software & Applications”