Unwanted File Manager Opening When I Boot UP

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
ejazzkatt
Level 4
Level 4

Unwanted File Manager Opening When I Boot UP

Post by ejazzkatt »

Hi,

I use Mint KDE and I have Dolphin as my default file manager. I did not set up Dolphin to start when I boot up. Recently when I start my computer, a file manager loads. I'm not sure which file manger it is but I don't think that it's Dolphin. It's certainly not using the settings that I use on Dolphin. Please, is there anyone who can help me figure out what this file manager is and how to stop it from automatically loading when I start my computer?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
pbear
Level 16
Level 16

Re: Unwanted File Manager Opening When I Boot UP

Post by pbear »

No way for anyone here to know what additional file manager you might have, nor how it got there.

Usually you can identify an app by going to Help > About. I don't use KDE, but assume there's something in settings for Startup Applications. That's the first place to look to see what's supposed to open at boot. Hope that helps. Good luck.
ejazzkatt
Level 4
Level 4

Post by ejazzkatt »

Hi Pbear,

I had already checked those things that you mentioned. There is no Help>About. I looked in Startup under Settings and there is no File Manager listed there.
A screen shot of the file manager
A screen shot of the file manager
pbear
Level 16
Level 16

Post by pbear »

ejazzkatt wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 10:15 pm I had already checked those things that you mentioned.
That's why you're supposed to tell us what you tried before asking for help. Good luck.
ejazzkatt
Level 4
Level 4

Post by ejazzkatt »

Sorry!
zcot
Level 9
Level 9

Post by zcot »

Sometimes you can have a setting for Sessions and it will save a session state, then reproduce that when you boot. You can clear it, disable it, or make it do something different, saving a different state.

Return to “Software & Applications”