Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post please read how to get help
LogMan
Level 2
Level 2

How to get Nemo to remember last dual Pane setting

Post by LogMan »

I know the answer was posted somewhere in the Forums but can't find it.
I always start Nemo in Dual Pane mode and then I open one HD in one pane, and another HD in the other, but whenever I restart Nemo it's back to the same HD in both panes.

smurphos
Level 16
Level 16

Re: How to get Nemo to remember last dual Pane setting

Post by smurphos »

Hi,

So there's no command line option as far as I'm aware to specify which directory opens in each pane when dual is the default, but if you launch nemo with a directory path as the argument the first pane will open in the specified directory and the second in the default ~

I've seen some messy scripts that use xdotool to specify the second pane content. xdotool is an command line app to automate interactions with the GUI.
e.g the one at the bottom of this thread is for nautilus but could probably be converted - https://askubuntu.com/questions/39004/h ... by-default

You can specify multiple directories in tabs using the -t option

E.g

Code: Select all

nemo -t /mnt /media
I think a new command line option to specify two directories for dual pane would be a good feature request.

Edit to add - https://github.com/linuxmint/nemo/issues/2367
For custom Nemo actions, useful scripts for the Cinnamon desktop, and Cinnamox themes visit my Github pages.

LogMan
Level 2
Level 2

Re: How to get Nemo to remember last dual Pane setting

Post by LogMan »

Thanks for the reply, much appreciated !

I'll work on what you posted today.

Seems like it should be a no-brainer to remember the last HD/ directories used on a restart.

Maybe I'm just too spoilt using Directory Opus in Windows and Amiga for years. :roll:

Thanks for posting that question in Github, I wouldn't have even known how to do that 8)

Return to “Software & Applications”