Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post please read how to get help
OgggieDoggie
Level 1
Level 1

(SOLVED) Audio problem with fallout 76 steam proton in Linux Mint

Post by OgggieDoggie »

I upgraded to Linux Mint 20 and decided I was going to migrate away from windows after dual booting for several years now that steam proton has changed things.

I am running Linux Mint 20 and I installed fallout 76 using steam and proton. Got everything up and running with very little problems and the game runs fine except after launching and hearing music playing during the opening cut scene sound stopped. But not all the sound. I can still hear gun shots and other in game sounds from actions but there is no music, I can't hear any voices from npcs, can not hear foot steps from approaching enemies. But I can hear when I fire my gun or if someone fires at me. Very weird how it's not all audio. I checked all the audio settings in the game and they are where they should be. I saw a YouTube video discussing what appeared to be my exact problems claiming that I needed to install faudio but after downloading it there enclosed script didn't work and gave me a command not found error.
I am thinking it could be wine related but not sure of the relationship between steam/proton and wine.

My steam version is the non flatpak version installed by command line not through the software center. I have the standard wine setup via the software center. Sounds works fine for the is also fallout 76 is the only have I have installed so I don't know if sound works in other steam games.

Typing this on my phone while laying in bed so I do not have any other specifics but can reply later if anything else is needed to know.
Thanks Oggie
Last edited by OgggieDoggie on Mon Jul 06, 2020 2:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

OgggieDoggie
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Audio problem with fallout 76 steam proton in Linux Mint

Post by OgggieDoggie »

(SOLVED)
To get the rest of my rest of the audio working I needed to add Faudio to steam from https://github.com/GloriousEggroll/proton-ge-custom and after that fallout 76 works great under linux mint and Steam/Proton

Return to “Software & Applications”